Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd appreciate a heads up/order if you're getting em in

Comment

Does anyone know the cheapest place to buy a dozen blank faceplate sets? I want to get the spraycans out and do some custom ones.

Comment

The only place i know of to buy the original white faceplates that come with the system is via the Nintendo Japan online spare parts store, no idea if Nintendo Europe even have a spare parts service but if they do that's probably your best bet. I had a similar idea to spray a set of plates with colour changing flip paint.

Comment

Importaku how much does a plate work out to after tenso? shipping etc?

Comment

Since i have had my Tenso account i haven't yet attempted yet to order direct from Nintendo Japans online store. In the past if i have needed something from there i have relied on Yakumo's kindness in helping me out. I don't know yet if Nintendo would accept my Tenso address if i tried to input it in and order something but at some point in the future i may try as it would be handy to have a few spare stylus and other bits for the new 3DS.

the plates are 540 yen each for either the top or bottom half.

As an idea of Tenso fees when i ordered a single faceplate from Amazon Japan it cost me in fees 1900 yen in total. 400 yen was for Tenso's handling fee and the rest was for the EMS shipping it would have been cheaper if i had chosen something like airmail. Although when i normally do an order i get a few things to help spread the shipping cost a bit better. They never get busted for import tax as i can mark them down to whatever i like.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
              Nice one.

Comment

Awesome thanks. 1900 isn't too bad. I'll keep an eye on amazons page and go ahead and order there.

Comment

Anybody have a lead on where to get new 3ds screen protectors? The new screens are slightly larger than the originals, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Adrock View Post
                    Anybody have a lead on where to get new 3ds screen protectors? The new screens are slightly larger than the originals, right?

I've ordered these fake Horis from eBay.

Comment

Yeah I think that might be the only course of action until a better quality product is available. I ordered some cheap ones for my 2DS and they scratched far too easily.

Comment

Not meaning to sound dismissive - as I'm genuinely asking - why do people need screen protectors for any DS console (except for the 2DS)?

Also, question about the New3DS. Is anyone else bothered that it doesn't totally close at the sides? When closed, there's a 2-3mm gap at the corners. I kinda want to wedge something in there. I'm worried having it in my pocket might cause it to bend.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                          Not meaning to sound dismissive - as I'm genuinely asking - why do people need screen protectors for any DS console (except for the 2DS)?
                          Not sure about others, but I like to protect against stylus scratches.
                          Originally posted by Asura View Post
                          Also, question about the New3DS. Is anyone else bothered that it doesn't totally close at the sides? When closed, there's a 2-3mm gap at the corners. I kinda want to wedge something in there. I'm worried having it in my pocket might cause it to bend.
                          Yeah, they should have put some studs on the corners.
                          It doesn't seem to fit in the charging cradle very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Budge74 View Post
                            Agree. I tend to put screen protectors on everything but having run Smartphones without, I do think there's a greater need to have screen protectors on those Nintendo DS screens specifically because if you use the stylus a lot it does scratch and scuff the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Budge74 View Post
                              I don't use screen protectors, but my DS would agree after Ouendan and Etrian Odyssey, circle and grid marks respectively.

Comment

Working...
                              X