Nintendo 3DS: Thread 03 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
    Not convinced with Gyro control on the 3DS, personally.

MK7's implementation/execution of it was pretty dire, for example.
    Yet Super Hang-On is amazing with it, especially with the moving cab mode and this new face-tracking 3D.

Comment

Originally posted by JU! View Post
      It is only slightly bigger my New Nintendo 3DS fits in original soft pouch. It's a bit snug but fits.

I use this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Lic.../dp/B004JLO65Q
      Cheers mate. Ordered. Cheap as well.

Comment

If anyone's looking for more options, I got one of these lately and it's great;

Shop the best professional Nintendo Switch OLED Case for adults. A portable case for your Switch, Joy-Cons, game cards, and more. Made in San Francisco, USA.

Comment

That looks lovely .

I plan to get a black 3DS with the wooden face plates and the "Grizzly" colour one would match it superbly!!

Did you buy it direct off their site (and if so how long did it take to get to you / did you get hit with customs charge) or did you find it elsewhere?

Comment

Free nintendo goodie bag when you blow your wad on stuff

Comment

I never thought that the Saturn and/or Dreamcast ports of OutRun could ever be bettered.

3D OutRun, quite frankly, blows both of them out of the water. THE definitive version of an all-time classic.

Comment

I've been playing Super Hang-On more!

Seriously, the gyro controls are ****ing perfect, and way more accurate than the analogue. Coupled with the tilting cab mode I'm tilting my head to align with the unit/3D.

Buy it whilst it's on sale if you don't already have it. ?2 or whatever. I swear, you won't be disappointed.

Comment

3D Outrun is the nuts, though. Is there some kind of steering assist with the new version? It feels a lot easier for some reason. I do like new varied traffic as well, they make the drive a bit more colourful.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                    3D Outrun is the nuts, though. Is there some kind of steering assist with the new version? It feels a lot easier for some reason. I do like new varied traffic as well, they make the drive a bit more colourful.
                    To be honest, I feel like 3D Super Hang-On is piss-easy compared to 3D OutRun. It feels like finding the right racing lines and dodging the traffic is far more trickier in OutRun, whereas I can pretty much do it with my eyes shut in Super Hang-On. Also, the accelerating, decelerating and braking is far more forgiving in Super Hang-On whereas in OutRun you're pretty much committing when you're going at full-speed with a lot less give when you try to slow down.

That said, the unlockable tune-up option break OutRun in a hilarious way.
                    Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 14-03-2015, 08:15.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                      Cheers mate. Ordered. Cheap as well.
                      Yr welcome I also had the same pouch concerns was so glad to find out New Nintendo 3DS fits. It has some banding for 4 game carts too which is hand on occasion.

I also recommend this. Brilliant for not having to open cases all the time.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hori-Officially-Licensed-Clear-Nintendo/dp/B004K6LQCQ

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                      To be honest, I feel like 3D Super Hang-On is piss-easy compared to 3D OutRun. It feels like finding the right racing lines and dodging the traffic is far more trickier in OutRun, whereas I can pretty much do it with my eyes shut in Super Hang-On. Also, the accelerating, decelerating and braking is far more forgiving in Super Hang-On whereas in OutRun you're pretty much committing when you're going at full-speed with a lot less give when you try to slow down.

That said, the unlockable tune-up option break OutRun in a hilarious way.

Had a feeling the extra tune up stuff would be weird. OutRun is so much fun love the different viewing option and cabinet styles too. Also I gather on OutRun New and old version means Japanese course layout and Western revision is this correct?

Cheers again for the Sega sale I got SOR. On SOR the Mega Drive and Mega Drive 2 versions is the difference just the sound?
                      Last edited by JU!; 14-03-2015, 14:18.

Comment

What's the 3D like on Streets of Rage? And is it just SOR1?

Only thing stopping me from getting that is the chance they'll do SOR2, and I will literally never play SOR1 on a device which also has SOR2.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                          What's the 3D like on Streets of Rage? And is it just SOR1?

Only thing stopping me from getting that is the chance they'll do SOR2, and I will literally never play SOR1 on a device which also has SOR2.
                          I think it adds a lovely depth to the image.

Comment

Outrun feels like it should always have been in 3D. It's gorgeous on the 3DS. Harder than I remember though, in spite of what some say here. I had to take the difficulty down a star from the default.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              Outrun feels like it should always have been in 3D. It's gorgeous on the 3DS. Harder than I remember though, in spite of what some say here. I had to take the difficulty down a star from the default.
                              It definitely feels trickier than it has done in the past. Personally speaking, it could just be because I hadn't played it for ages before Thursday. I'Ve played it a fair bit over the weekend and I'm much more used to it now but Super Hang-On is much easier in comparison.

Comment

I'm finding that they are about the same.

I've still been playing Super Hang-On more over the weekend, which is amazing considering I've been looking forward to Outrun for what seems like years. These gyro controls and tilting screen/cabinet make it the best bike game ever (not a hard task). The sense of speed is exhilarating - especially when you hit a straight and absolutely tank it!

Comment

Working...
                                X