No announcement yet.

Nintendo 3DS: Thread 03 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't hold your breath- there's licensing issues with the game that'd mean it'd probably need to be retooled.

Moreover, the games that have had the 3D treatment thus far are generally old arcade games that don't take much to be ported. OutRun 2, with its fundamentally different gameplay , would be an entirely different proposition. And they wouldn't knock it out for under a fiver either.

Edit: replying to fishbowlhead...
    Last edited by endo; 16-03-2015, 19:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
      Hah, the old "I'm entitled to an opinion too" routine after spewing a load of nonsence that they've rightly been called out on. Never change mate, never change.
      Spewing a load of nonsense is definitely something you're well versed with on this evidence. The irony of calling my posts retarded also appears to be clearly lost on you, given how your posts come across.
      Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 16-03-2015, 19:55.

Comment

The whole point of Outrun 2 IS the drift mechanic. That's how you effectively traverse certain corners in the game in an effort to get the best leaderboard time.

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
        The drifting mechanic isn't absolutely required to play the game, never mind complete it. It isn't a total necessity.
        You can play Street Fighter II without doing a single special move as well but you're going to look a pillock and lose a lot doing it.
        Last edited by Kron; 16-03-2015, 21:12.

Comment

There is no way the 3DS could do Outrun 2 in 3D.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
            There is no way the 3DS could do Outrun 2 in 3D.
            It probably could. Compromised? Perhaps, but it could.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
              Spewing a load of nonsense is definitely something you're well versed with on this evidence. The irony of calling my posts retarded also appears to be clearly lost on you, given how your posts come across.
              Hah Hah!

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                Don't hold your breath- there's licensing issues with the game that'd mean it'd probably need to be retooled.

Moreover, the games that have had the 3D treatment thus far are generally old arcade games that don't take much to be ported. OutRun 2, with its fundamentally different gameplay , would be an entirely different proposition. And they wouldn't knock it out for under a fiver either.

Edit: replying to fishbowlhead...
                Cheers endo, I can see licensing being a large issue for outrun2 these days, especially after afterburner climax getting deleted, rather than any re working update to keep it legal

Edit. From a technical point of view though the n3ds should rinse it. After all the psp version was exactly the same as the ps2, some graphical drop off but that was it.
                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 16-03-2015, 22:21.

Comment

It's absolutely disgusting that we can?t still grab Outrun2 from XBLA. It's the only game I need to finish off my Sega collection, which incidentally is all I use my 360 for. That's if we're referring to Bayonetta as a Sega game.

Comment

Anyway, **** Outrun, if anyone doesn't have Super Hang-On then buy it whilst it's on sale IMMEDIATELY! The gyro controls and tilting cab mode make it one of the best games ever. The sense of speed is out of this world.

Comment

I always find Africa very hard on Super Hang On. Even though there are only six stages, the turns really seem to come up just as there are lots of other riders around you.

Never finished Europe. Have done the others.

Comment

I think the New 3DS could do a solid port of 2 but it would still be rather cut down.

Comment

The PSP version of Outrun 2 was great to have but its frame rate was poor. If that could be improved at all, I'd love to see it on 3DS.

Comment

I don't think the original could do it, not in 3D at least.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                              I don't think the original could do it, not in 3D at least.
                              I agree. It could certainly do a good conversion (I think Ridge Racer 3DS pretty much proves that a good version of OutRun 2 would be possible) but I don't think a direct port would work.

Comment

It would be far better on the Vita than the 3DS!

Comment

Working...
                                X