No announcement yet.

Nintendo 3DS: Thread 03 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big question remains, when Nintendo at some point fully reveal the NX and its inevitable Virtual Console, will these games have to be purchased once again. Its been said many times but the Nintendo account system is a disgusting one.

Comment

Deserve boycotting.

But people love the games so much...

Comment

Is there a discount if you already own them on WiiU I wonder?

MHG in the summer, and MH4U discounted for the next 48 hours!

Funny think about Bravely Second is that they only have the collectors edition up for pre-order here, and it had sold out weeks ago. No sign of the regular version.

Comment

For those who missed it yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
            How much is the discount? And does it apply to the uk?

Comment

No SNES games for me. Poor show, Nintendo. It's not like it's going to make me go out and buy a new 3DS if that was the intention.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                No SNES games for me. Poor show, Nintendo. It's not like it's going to make me go out and buy a new 3DS if that was the intention.
                It's a total d1ck move.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                  New 3DS XL will be getting SNES games as well.
                  Of course.

As the comments on EG mention, SNES stuff can be emulated pretty well on the DS (I think it's processor is about eight times as powerful as the SNES), a ten year old machine so Nintendo are blatantly just holding back to improve the new 3DS models sales.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
                    Of course.

As the comments on EG mention, SNES stuff can be emulated pretty well on the DS (I think it's processor is about eight times as powerful as the SNES), a ten year old machine so Nintendo are blatantly just holding back to improve the new 3DS models sales.
                    DS can even emulate Neo-Geo titles, ffs! No justification for such blatant cash-grabbing.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
                      Of course.

Well yeah, I mean we know the 3DS can easily emulate GBA too.

Sadly I think this is indefensible. It's like when Apple limited SIRI to iPhone 4S, even though hackers proved it worked fine on the 4.

Japanese companies do this a lot, too. Many Japanese cameras will do a lot more stuff if you flash their firmware, but they often use this to help stratify the models in a range.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post

Sadly I think this is indefensible. It's like when Apple limited SIRI to iPhone 4S, even though hackers proved it worked fine on the 4.
                        Apple SIRI situation not quite the same? Yes, hackers got it onto iPhone 4 but I'm pretty sure that it never ran perfectly fine, iirc? iPhone 4 didn't have nearly enough RAM or a strong enough GPU to effectively handle it or make it fit for purpose.

Could be wrong though - can't remember that far back and can't be arsed to google it now.
                        Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 04-03-2016, 08:33.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                          Just had a look and it's still ?40 on the UK store - so I assume this was USA only?

Comment

I'm thankful for the Snes games being only for New 3DS reveal. If they'd have never brought the games to any 3DS I wouldn't have this timely reminder that Nintendo definitely aren't changing their ways and might have actually started to feel hopeful for NX at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                              I'm thankful for the Snes games being only for New 3DS reveal. If they'd have never brought the games to any 3DS I wouldn't have this timely reminder that Nintendo definitely aren't changing their ways and might have actually started to feel hopeful for NX at some point.
                              I'm quite frankly amazed that people are (or were) still holding out hope that Nintendo would do cross-buy for Virtual Console.

Comment

Good move, Nintendo. Saved me getting a NX.

Comment

Working...
                                X