No announcement yet.

Nintendo 3DS: Thread 03 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember you have to do a system transfer befgored trading it in.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
      Remember you have to do a system transfer befgored trading it in.
      Also remember that you might not be able to do this in GAME. You need a stable wifi connection, both machines need to be plugged in (just-in-case) and if you're transferring everything, it can take a long time - we're talking hours.

Comment

GAME will allow you to take both systems home to do the System Transfer and then return with the older machine to get the appropriate cashback. That's what they did when the OG XL came out.

Comment

I'm so tempted by this at the moment.

Would be a perfect time for me since I've never owned one

Neil

Comment

Do love my (original) 3DS XL, quality machine for sure that I don't really play enough.

ToysRUs always have models on display if you want to try one Soundwave.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
              Do love my (original) 3DS XL, quality machine for sure that I don't really play enough.

ToysRUs always have models on display if you want to try one Soundwave.
              Yeah I've had a play & quite like them just never really been that inclined to buy one, but have been taking more interest lately & there are some great games I feel I'm missing out on so with the slight revision & the apparently better 3D it might be about time I took the plunge.

Neil

Comment

Is just a shame that all first party titles seem to hold the ?27 to ?35 price for so long after release.
                Not often you see Mario 3D/Mario Golf/Mario Kart 7 etc at low prices.
                Last edited by VR46; 15-01-2015, 12:05. Reason: Golf not Gold

Comment

Is just a shame that all first party titles seem to hold the ?27 to ?35 price for so long after release.
                  Not often you see Mario 3D/Mario Gold/Mario Kart 7 at low prices.
                  So true, I've been waiting for DKCR 3DS at the right price (ideally eShop) for a long long time

Comment

Not often you see Mario 3D/Mario Golf/Mario Kart 7 etc at low prices.
                    A side effect of this is that I actually play them.

That isn't trying to spin it into a positive thing, by any stretch, but the cost of WiiU games is helping make sure I get the games one-at-a-time and play each one a lot before getting another.

Comment

Yeah, but if you do that the games will be out of print by the time you want one... case in point Zelda Wind Waker, which I want but is currently MIA.

Comment

Majoras Mask edition............ The Nintendo Store has just put them up.

And I've got one coming .

Comment

Another bonus of importing, the prices are way better than the UK for the games as well. Just as a comparison Amazon JP have the following 3 at these prices and they are all brand new & sealed. Yeah it costs to ship but even with that added the cost is still less than buying over here.

Amazon JP

Mario golf ?6.45
                          Mario 3D land ?20.31
                          Mario kart 7 ?20.77

Game
                          Mario golf ?27.99
                          Mario 3D land ?29.99
                          Mario kart 7 ?31.99

It's nicer to have a bigger choice of games as well as cheaper games, been picking up a lot of stuff i missed out on. Although saying that the release schedule for this year is pretty sparse even on import, god knows how bad it is over here with even less choice. Rhythm tengoku will keep me happy for new stuff, youkai watch will keep me busy till then.

Comment

3DS games being region-locked honestly didn't bother me until Nintendo announced Rhythm Tengoku.

Comment

That one will come out over here, America might not get so lucky though. The region lock is the crappest thing they have done in ages & they blatently did it to discourage getting games for cheap so they could price fix the crap out of them over here.

I'm still shocked at how many stages they are putting in 100 seems like i'm dreaming. They also upgraded the graphical look of the GBA stages. Hope it's out soon as there's no release date so far.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                                Another bonus of importing, the prices are way better than the UK for the games as well. Just as a comparison Amazon JP have the following 3 at these prices and they are all brand new & sealed. Yeah it costs to ship but even with that added the cost is still less than buying over here.

Amazon JP

Mario golf ?6.45
                                Mario 3D land ?20.31
                                Mario kart 7 ?20.77

Game
                                Mario golf ?27.99
                                Mario 3D land ?29.99
                                Mario kart 7 ?31.99

It's nicer to have a bigger choice of games as well as cheaper games, been picking up a lot of stuff i missed out on. Although saying that the release schedule for this year is pretty sparse even on import, god knows how bad it is over here with even less choice. Rhythm tengoku will keep me happy for new stuff, youkai watch will keep me busy till then.
                                Dammit stop teasing us with the Jpn cheapness.
                                I can't justify 2 consoles

Comment

Working...
                                X