X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
    All this talk about SNES emulation...

Get a Super Famicom m8s
    I haven't owned one in nearly two decades.

Think I might have to change that, but was aiming to go for having a US machine and a...erm...Super EverDrive...ahem...!

Comment

I've... Pretty inexpensively bought most of the software you'd think of for my SuFami for less than the price of a top tier flash cart - I think. Of course, that doesn't include any RPGs in English but I have most of Nintendo's software. Somehow I've really gone off flash carts recently.

Comment

I've... Pretty inexpensively bought most of the software you'd think of for my SuFami for less than the price of a top tier flash cart - I think. Of course, that doesn't include any RPGs in English but I have most of Nintendo's software. Somehow I've really gone off flash carts recently.
        I'm guessing you went with unboxed carts for the most part?

Truth be told, I'd prefer to go with boxed software but it's hard, imo, to justify some of the prices being touted for certain titles and I already hoard enough modern console software as it is, tbh.

Retro console flash carts aren't ideal in many ways, but they're convenient imo.

Comment

Oh, boxed is a different story altogether. If I was after boxed copies of the 40 odd games I've bought recently I'd have spent 3-4x times more I think. Cart only!

Comment

Oh, boxed is a different story altogether. If I was after boxed copies of the 40 odd games I've bought recently I'd have spent 3-4x times more I think. Cart only!
            Figured as much.

I don't blame you. I'd do the same for any other retro machine but the SNES/SFC is the one classic console I'd willingly make the exception for if money was no object.

My all-time favourite console.
            Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 10-03-2016, 16:33.

Comment

Get a Super Famicom m8s
              What's the point when emulation looks like this?:

Comment

Well, I have a 20 inch PVM and a real Super Famicom and real cartridges.

I don't use emulators to play games, never have and I never will. Not saying it isn't perfectly legitimate, just isn't for me.

Comment

Would you say no to a professionally calibrated Candy Cab with a MAME box in it, though? ;p How else can you play 3rd Strike without the proper CPS-III arcade kit?

If I had a choice I'd still have my SNES, along with everything else and my 3x CRTs and my/our cab (shared with housemates). Unfortunately I had to say goodbye to all of that. I don't think I'd go back to it given the chance, however. Emulation is just far too convenient, and once I get a better CPU these SNES games will run perfectly (everything else already does).

Comment

Ha! You've got me there. I lied.

I emulate Third Strike, as I prefer to play 990512 arcade over playing Third Strike online.

I wouldn't need a MAME box in a candy cab because I'd just get a CPS-III board. I do actually plan to get that board some time, now that CPS-III encryption has been hacked.

I know what you mean about convenience though. My PVM is an eyesore when I'm not gazing into the beauty of the scanlined 15kHz image...

Comment

When you see these bastards running you'll switch to the dark side, trust me. When things look as good, feel as smooth, and play exactly the same as the real thing the convenience of having three decades worth of quality gaming at the flick of a switch trumps all.

Third Strike online is abysmal. WTF it's ugly as hell with those rank shaders, and they even screwed around with the meters and stuff! I put it on to troubleshoot some input lag the other week and I couldn't wait to get back to my laptop. The lag was my crap TV in the end - LCD TVs are just wack for games, although my laptop monitor is perfectly fine - hence why both Third Strikes were lagging on my TV, but not FBA on my laptop which runs like a champ.

I'm going to invest in a stonker of a monitor when I build a new desktop, and relegate our budget for the living room TV.

Comment

I've got a 3570K clocked at 4.2GHz, 16GB RAM and a GTX 970. My monitor is a 1440p Dell U2515H, which scales 240p perfectly (6x?) - although Third Strike isn't 240p... lol

Naturally though, being a PC monitor the lag isn't horrible. I haven't played Third Strike in ages though, been playing SFIV more as my friend seems to be more of a challenge in that game...

And honestly I don't have the attachment to arcades that people do here, I could just sit and play Third Strike forever I think. I don't get bored of it...

Comment

Me neither. It's timeless, and pretty much the apex of vs. fighting besides KoF'98.

It's somewhat sobering when you go to an arcade and repeatedly get absolutely molested on it, though. One thing that puts you completely off of a genre is when you realise that eight hours practice a day is not enough... After that I was quite happy to completely retire from 2D fighters since being into them from World Warrior.

Comment

I saw this on gaf this morning. http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/chase_tooikioku/
                            Basically an adventure game made by former staff members of cing (hotel dusk and another code series). Hopefully we will see an western release.

Comment

Doesn't have a Japan date yet.

Comment

Get a Super Famicom m8s
                                Yeah one can really take a Super Famicom to work or on a plane or to the Airport .

Comment

Working...
                                X