No announcement yet.

Nintendo 3DS: Thread 03 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andro Dunos 2 is getting a physical release on 3DS later this year. I already pre-ordered.

The previous physical game released for 3DS in Europe was Persona Q2 that was published by Deep Silver in June 2019. North America did get Atooi Collection in 2020, it was published by Limited Run Games.

Comment

Do you still play on your 3DS/2DS? If so, what you play?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
        Wouldn't know where to start, tbh. I have a pile of unplayed 3DS games sitting on my shelf!

Comment

Truth be told, not very often, and when I do, it's usually a DS game. The only 3DS games I've played recently are Mario 3D Land and Air Traffic Controller games.

Comment

Man, I thought I could pick one up for buttons these day Not the case.

Comment

Man, I thought I could pick one up for buttons these day Not the case.
              The demand for consoles, particularly Nintendo ones, seems so high across the board right now. I've seen second hand WiiUs going for £170+ on Ebay.

That's what I paid for mine, brand new in 2013!

Comment

Do you still play on your 3DS/2DS?
                No. I’d kept hold of my new xl for way too long based on the fact I love A Link Between Worlds, but nothing else. The reason I finally got rid was I find it really uncomfortable in my hands and the reality of me ever using it again is pretty slim. Also, the value was surprisingly high.

Comment

I turn it on from time to time, mostly to revist games in English I first played in Japanese. A couple of months ago I went through all 3 Senran Kagura, and before that Stella Glow.

Comment

I do still play with my 3DS, I have a full European 3DS collection of 511 games so I have plenty of games to choose from. I have been trying to get together with 2 of my friends every month to play multiplayer games on 3DS. Today I played rhythm heaven megamix.

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                    I find it really uncomfortable in my hands and the reality of me ever using it again is pretty slim.
                    3DS systems are really uncomfortable (original 2DS being the exception), I have psoriatic arthritis which would make it excruciating to play for long times on 3DS. But I got the Hori Monster Hunter XX grip that makes it sooooo nice and comfortable to play with. I have noticed that I really need grips for all my handheld consoles.

Comment

3DS and WiiU eShop will stop accepting credit cards and other electronic payment methods on January 18, 2022.
                      This is the annoucement for the Japanese region, but I doubt others will be far behind.

Comment

I think that already happened here? I don't think you can add funds with a card on 3DS any more.

Comment

Urgh just great, this was the only back door into getting funds onto my switch seeing as nintendo is ass backwards in allowing foreign credit cards to buy stuff as my japanese 3DS is fine with allowing uk credit cards to buy stuff but now ieverythings totally region free on switch they geo locked payments. Looks like i better load up my account with the max funds they will allow before it locks down in january.

Gonna have to piss around with prepaid cards now, hate been scalped on pure money though. Places like playasia charge £71 for 9000yen when it's acually £60 if i bought the funds myself
                          Last edited by importaku; 20-07-2021, 09:22.

Comment

Inconvenient but probably not that big a deal if you linked your eShop account and NNID cross-platform back in the day - eShop funds loaded via credit card on Switch will appear on the Wii U and 3DS eShops if you did.

Both Wii U and 3DS eShops are closing in on a decade of being open, long after the hardware has been discontinued, so you've gotta wonder if the end is officially nigh for both sometime during next year.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                              Urgh just great, this was the only back door into getting funds onto my switch seeing as nintendo is ass backwards in allowing foreign credit cards to buy stuff as my japanese 3DS is fine with allowing uk credit cards to buy stuff but now ieverythings totally region free on switch they geo locked payments. Looks like i better load up my account with the max funds they will allow before it locks down in january.

Gonna have to piss around with prepaid cards now, hate been scalped on pure money though. Places like playasia charge £71 for 9000yen when it's acually £60 if i bought the funds myself
                              Yup, this is exactly what I was complaining about to the wife yesterday (as a precursor to potentially doing what you'll be doing).
                              That said, there probably isn't much coming that I would have that much interest in.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                                Yup, this is exactly what I was complaining about to the wife yesterday (as a precursor to potentially doing what you'll be doing).
                                That said, there probably isn't much coming that I would have that much interest in.
                                So far the only things i really use japanese eshop money for is buying song dlc for rhythm game stuff as it has to match the region of my games but every so often there's digital stuff that i end up getting stuff like mushihimesama sure i could have gone uk but for the most part but i like to stick to japan for my region. Luckily DLC stuff for songs is not hugely expensive taiko only release a few packs each month so to get them all it's about 1000 yen plus i can use gold points to eat into that cost each time so if i max out my eshop balance it will last quite some time till i have to go down the card route.

Tried looking on amazon japan but they don't sell digital codes for eshop money which is weird as they certainly do for playstation store, i guess most people in japan use their credit card if they have one or the buy them from the convenience store atm service thingy.

Kryss do you know what the limit is by any chance for the japanese eshop for max funds you can keep in your wallet?
                                Last edited by importaku; 20-07-2021, 16:35.

Comment

Working...
                                X