No announcement yet.

Nintendo 3DS: Thread 03 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today is the last day to purchase Fire Emblem Fates on 3DS eShop of you haven't already.

Conquest, Birthright and Revelation DLC will remain on eShop until it's closure at end of March.

Comment

Two weeks left before 3DS eShop closure.

Comment

This is it. The final week of the 3DS eShop!

Comment

Ok, maybe left this later than I should've, but have started scouring the flat for my systems to get them charged, updated, and checked to see if there's anything I need to grab last minute. Already I've seen there's $9 of credit on my US system that would've absolutely gone to waste given I've not got that account linked to any other system!

Among the various recommendation posts I saw recently, Crimson Shroud came up a few times so I'm going to check that out. The bit that's absolutely shocking to me is that this time next week there are two Phoenix Wright games that you simply won't be able to buy any more?

Comment

Which are the two Phoenix Wrights? My partner is a big fan and so I should probably try and secure these before they go.

Comment

[MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION] [MENTION=5490]wakka[/MENTION] Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice are the two 3DS Ace Attorney games that you are looking for.

They also have DLC that can be purchased from the eShop via the game itself.

Also worth pointing out that Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright is still available to download from the eShop and is significantly cheaper than the physical version that only had a limited print run.

Comment

Thanks dude that's helpful.

She has already got and played Dual Destinies so it's only Spirit of Justice that's required. Just need to find my 3DS charger then I'm going to purchase it.

Might get the DLC for it too but probably won't bother for Dual Destinies as she wasn't the biggest fan of that entry anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                  The bit that's absolutely shocking to me is that this time next week there are two Phoenix Wright games that you simply won't be able to buy any more?
                  Strongly expect that these, along with Phoenix X Layton will get a Steam/Switch announcement pretty soon.

Comment

Yeah that sounds likely. I don't feel I've got much to lose by scoring Spirit of Justice on 3DS though.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                      Strongly expect that these, along with Phoenix X Layton will get a Steam/Switch announcement pretty soon.
                      Apollo Justice, Dual Destinies, Spirit of Justice and the two Gyakuten Kenji/Miles Edgeworth spin-off games will surely get the remastering/localization treatment at some point in the future (this is Capcom we're talking about though so I certainly wouldn't say pretty soon at all).

Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright? I wouldn't be so sure. The game flopped on 3DS despite massive hype for it when it was released. They didn't bother printing anymore carts after the first run hence why it is now so expensive on the reseller market. This is why I'm just going to download it but of course YMMV.
                      Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 20-03-2023, 12:38.

Comment

I would say that even the above is optimistic!

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                          I would say that even the above is optimistic!
                          Sadly, you're not wrong!

Bet you any money that Capcom find an excuse to re-release the OG Ace Attorney Trilogy yet again!

Comment

Comment

9am JST is supposedly when the plug is pulled.

Grabbed a few things from the US and EU stores last night - Crimson Shroud, Final Fight 3, Shining Force GG, Street Fighter 2010, Metroid 2... but I've not found my Japanese 3DS in time, nor can I be bothered having a mad dash tonight to get the WiiUs out and connected. I like to think I was pretty good at grabbing other things I wanted as and when they came up, and naturally for all of the 'full' games I wanted I've made a habit of buying physically. There is definitely still plenty of backlog on each system, so I think I draw a line here and say that's my lot.

Whole thing has had a very weird nostalgic / FOMO thing effect on my brain though, and I'm not usually that susceptible to this kind of thing. Found it very weird browsing these stores knowing it was going to be the last time.

Comment

Snagged Spirit of Justice and the DLC episode last night

I had a scan of the other 3DS stuff on the way out but nothing seemed like a must-have really to be honest.

My WiiU is packed away at my Mum and Dad's but I was actually really into the WiiU so picked up what little there was as-and-when at the time mostly.

Comment

Working...
                                X