Nintendo 3DS: Thread 03 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuse View Post

Whole thing has had a very weird nostalgic / FOMO thing effect on my brain though, and I'm not usually that susceptible to this kind of thing. Found it very weird browsing these stores knowing it was going to be the last time.
    I've gotta be honest and say that I've kinda felt the same way as you and [MENTION=5490]wakka[/MENTION]. That said, I hate being a sucker for FOMO - I was like this to an extent with the Wii Shop Channel.

I've picked up a few bits and pieces for 3DS and WiiU (mainly digital versions of games that are now or will be prohibitively expensive to buy physically) but I'm pretty good to go now.

Browsing the WiiU and 3DS eShops for the last time has been weirdly nostalgic but also a reminder of how awful they were to use and that's saying something when the Switch eShop isn't exactly a marked improvement.

Comment

Is 3DS dead yet? Limited Run Games are going to release one more last 3DS game.

So since the last 3DS game cards were printed late 2021/early 2022, Limited Run games has been sitting on these games for over a year before they teased that they will be releasing yet another game, just so that they can be the last company to release a 3DS game. Since I'm the crazy 3DS guy, I'll get the game (whatever it may be). I'm not really a fan of Limited Run Games, and this sorta carnie crap does not make me like them more, but I suppose Limited Run are gonna Limited Run.

Comment

3DS download codes can now no longer be redeemed. The week extension for them after the eShop's closure last Monday has now expired.

Comment

Comment

Not gonna post links up on here for obvious reasons....but I think I might finally now dabble with hacking my n3DS XL for custom firmware.

Anybody on here done so and what are their experiences with it?

Comment

I've done it two or three times and from what I recall it took a little over an hour to carefully go through but is relatively straight forward and low risk.

I might get another N3DSXL this year, haters be damned, there's still nothing like that glassesless 3D screen

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post

I might get another N3DSXL this year, haters be damned, there's still nothing like that glassesless 3D screen
                Are n3DS XLs even cheap now?

I still have an untouched "Ambassador Edition" n3DS sitting on my shelf!

Comment

Not mega cheap anymore, they're slipping into the Retro Inflation category

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                    I've done it two or three times and from what I recall it took a little over an hour to carefully go through but is relatively straight forward and low risk.

New 2DSXL is where it's at though

Comment

3D effect all day and night!

Comment

Yeah, n3DS XL is a beut. A Link Between Worlds in 3D is worth the cost of entry alone. It's what I keep mine for.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post

Are n3DS XLs even cheap now?

I still have an untouched "Ambassador Edition" n3DS sitting on my shelf!
                          That's the one I have, it's a pricy model if a bit boring £240 to £350 for a mint in box one, the Hylian Sheild Edition New 2Ds XL is where its at though amazing design and the best looking Legend of Zelda console, it launched very late in the life cycle in very limited number which is why today its got sold listings racking up to $750 for a new in box one. And $300-$400 for a loose one.

Comment

Hadn't seen that Hylian Shield one, that is a really well done LE. The 3D embossed design is great.

One thing I only just noticed recently is how strong prices are for used 3DS and Vita units. People are forking out between £100 and £200 for ordinary stock models without boxes on Ebay, let alone LEs.

Comment

Comment

I really wish I'd bought myself a backup n3DSXL unit at RRP just to keep boxed, in case anything happens to our main one.

Comment

Working...
                                X