No announcement yet.

Nintendo 3DS: Thread 03 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh right, I thought it was just the US releases that didn't come with a charger. Useful to know...
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Only the original 3DS came with a charger hence the massive box it came in.

Nintendo's reasoning when the XL came without a charger was either (depending on who was listening) was that people were upgrading from the original or that it was cheaper to ship the two seperately which let them pass the saving (haha) onto the consumer.

Comment

Ok, I was using the new 3DS with no faceplate and loved the matte feel in my hand more than the gloss of the Smash Bros faceplate. Then I happened across this video of the Boo faceplate:

Here is my review of the No. 50 Face Plate for the Nintendo New 3DS. This face plate features a Boo (ghost) pattern that glows in the dark! I bought this fac...

Matte/Satin finish and it freaking GLOWS IN THE DARK?! Where can I buy this in the UK?

Re: The charger. I thought I'd be covered as my ambassador pack comes with a charging dock. Turns out, charging dock does not include a plug. Niiiiiiiice one, Nintendo!

Comment

I like that one too.
          Not sure if its available in the UK yet.
          Pretty sure importaku has one already.

Comment

I just watched that video too, did you see the link on HotUKDeals Amazon Spain thread?

Comment

Yeah was checking that just now. Seems the best deal if you dont mind spanish box writing!

Comment

Only place i know of that has the Boo faceplate in stock is Amazon Jp

Truly is a thing of beauty.

Last edited by importaku; 16-01-2015, 21:18.

Comment

Yeah, thats got to be the best one so far.

Comment

The guy who recently enabled homebrew on the 3DS using a copy of the game Cubic Ninja appears to have cracked the 3DS's region-lock.

There is a video of it in action but I won't post it on here due to forum rules.

All that is needed is an SD card and internet access. The exploit works on the current 3DS Firmware but it won't work on the New 3DS systems - only 2DS, OG 3DS and OG 3DS XL.

Will obviously be patched by Nintendo shortly but worth keeping in mind for those who finally want to import 3DS games without having to shell out for JPN and/or US hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                      The guy who recently enabled homebrew on the 3DS using a copy of the game Cubic Ninja appears to have cracked the 3DS's region-lock.

There is a video of it in action but I won't post it on here due to forum rules.

All that is needed is an SD card and internet access. The exploit works on the current 3DS Firmware but it won't work on the New 3DS systems - only 2DS, OG 3DS and OG 3DS XL.

Will obviously be patched by Nintendo shortly but worth keeping in mind for those who finally want to import 3DS games without having to shell out for JPN and/or US hardware.
                      yeah it works on both my launch jp and uk 3DS which i updated to the latest fw. I haven't tried it on my XL yet tho. Apparently it doesn't work with nN3ds

Comment

I want to talk a little about Monster Hunter (and apologise in advance if I'm going over old ground here). We played the demo last night, 2-player. Previously I've only played a bit of the 2nd game on PSP (basically just the tutorials and an hour or so of the main game, which actually amounted to several hours of playing).

Every time a new MH game comes a long, I always try to play a demo, because I keep thinking I'll get into it. That it'll "click" somehow. People I know who like it are always telling me that I'll love it. It's by Capcom, it's quirky, it's at times a bit obtuse, it's Japanese, multiplayer, action-based and has roots in Phantasy Star Online... All of these things mean I should like it.

Despite all that, I just can't get into it, and I'm convinced in part that I'm missing something. Like I don't know something about the games which is what makes people like playing it.

Why do the people here like Monster Hunter? What are you excited about with the new game? What are the fundamental things about it you like?

And lastly, I'm sorry for even asking this as I suspect it's a huge faux pas, but is there a lock-on button that I've just not discovered yet? If not, is having to fight with the camera actually part of the game?

From what I remember of the PSP game, it reminded me of Super Star Wars on the SNES; specifically that you could attack up or horizontally, but enemies would attack you from an angle. Dealing with this was called "difficulty" by some, whereas for me, I always felt it was like being given a pair of pliers to remove a phillips-head screw; yeah, it's possible, but it isn't the right tool for the job.

Comment

I'm going to put this here as a placerholder for my full reply when I have a keyboard to type with. In short, the demo gives you full kit and you don't get the "I fought to make this weapon" satisfaction.

Comment

I've tried the demo too and much like Asura every new mh iteration that comes out I want to like it but it never clicks, but I know in my case is down to me not having the skills to pay the bills.

For the camera though Asura, once you have the main Beastie in your vision you can click the logo in the lower left hand side of the touch screen, it will change to have a cross hairs on it, then every time you hit the L button the camera will spin to point at the monster.

Comment

Whatever it is, Monster Hunter certainly doesn't play very well. It's cumbersome and sluggish. Plus it hasn't evolved at all in 10 years.

Comment

I must confess that I too was like this with Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

Originally tried the MH3U demo back in the day and it didn't click initially, but when I took down a Lagombi for the first time I could see the satisfaction derived from it. Tried to persevere with it but underwater battles on an OG 3DS model without a Circle Pad Pro were super-annoying so I actually ended up getting a free download of MH3U for the Wii U, only to lose interest due to the intricacies of building weaponry and grinding for other items within the game - just seemed so boring.

All that said, I'm really going to try and give MH4U a proper go from the start as I do see in bits and pieces what there is to like about the franchise and I do want to like it more.

Comment

Working...
                                X