Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To Vita or not Vita, that is the question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spelunky I guess must be an acquired taste. Just seems like another platformer to me.
    Stealth Inc was an interesting platformer and great for short bursts.
    Guacamelee was awesome...right up until there was an insanely difficult jumping section (beyond anything a human being with a finite amount of time on their hands could actually achieve), at which point I gave up.
    TxK I haven't managed to figure out what all the fuss is about yet, I don't get it.

Fez, Dokuru, Child Of Light - have but yet to play.

Luftrausers, Terraria, Muramasa, and Little Big Planet are the games I've probably played the most. Tearaway seems charming, I just run out of time to play everytime I try!

Comment

Just picked up Danganronpa and its sequel for $40 thanks to the US PSN sale.

Comment

Dragon Grandpa

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
          I have to agree there's no game that says to me you 'must' own this game and machine. That said I do like and rate my Vita its a top class system with some really good games. Hotshots golf is worth ownning the system for on its own
          If you don't class Tareaway as a must own then it may be time to look at a new hobby. Breaks my heart that game didn't get the success it so rightfully deserved

Comment

Just got a vita and must say this is an awesome upgrade from the psp. That screen!

Quite disappointed that j'eanne darc isn't available though... Oh well time to move on to tearaway.

Comment

Ah yes, I remember this one.

The Vita is such a great independent gaming machine, it feels like the glory days with some of the titles. Has anyone played Terraria? Thats next on my list.

Comment

It's also great for fans of JPN music games of the non-Beatmania variety. ANOTHER one got announced today by Sega. That's IA/VT, Taiko V, Persona 4 DAN, and now Miracle Girls Festival. All in one year, and on top of the two Project Diva titles and DJMAX Technika that were already on the system.

Comment

Don't forget the Love Live games...

Comment

The new Danganronpa action spin off is out next week too!
                    I love my Vita!

Comment

I bought a physical copy of the first Danganronpa the other day, my first Vita retail game. Got to the first save point, met a few characters and accidentally closed the application. Gotta get back to that...

Comment

First one was awesome...even went for a platinum on it for enjoyment rather than stupid trophy obsession
                        Second one I've barely played as I got distracted and played other stuff. For some reason RPGs/visual novels are winter games for me so I'll be getting back into it soon.

Luckily the spin off is set between the two games so should be spoiler free.

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
                          Ah yes, I remember this one.

The Vita is such a great independent gaming machine, it feels like the glory days with some of the titles. Has anyone played Terraria? Thats next on my list.
                          It was okay start with, but I bought it as a hopeful replacement for Minecraft...which then came out a few months later. If you got Terraria from PS+, great, but don't pay for it.

Comment

Def you should get another not that exspensive right besides the ridiculous memory card. I have x2 16GB ones for my U.K and Japanese accounts ?25 each from Asda although price makes me cringe had so many free PS+ games cannot complain 16GB holds quite a bit, still Hotline Miami 2 to buy too if I wish, don't forgot all those PSP and old PS One games to play too. Tearaway will be silly cheap if not already and Remote play is great is you have a PS4 will be good to tinker with Mother Base in MGSV: PP. mad it I prefer my 3DS games wise as think the Nintendo stuff is a bit better. To echo yes brilliantly made machine shame about no super stand out games sometimes still think like the PSP trying to be a giant Playstation instead of a handheld good in some ways bad in others.

As others have said I'd get the original just for the screen does seem silly they downgraded the screen a bit although the later models do look and feel better originals are a snip of the price. The thing the spoils the Vita mostly is the memory card prices.
                            Last edited by JU!; 26-08-2015, 20:48.

Comment

Hate the proprietary memory cards ...so expensive for the size i did see on youtube someone had got hold of a devkit and they just used normal sd cards.

I have not used the vita in a while i was and still am impressed with the, screen, the battery life, the fact it does not get warm at all and was really impressed with the marvel vs capcom 3 conversion but on the whole while there are some good games it just does not keep me playing.

I can imagine though it would make a great emulator machine if it was hacked.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                                It was okay start with, but I bought it as a hopeful replacement for Minecraft...which then came out a few months later. If you got Terraria from PS+, great, but don't pay for it.
                                Never played minecraft, I just liked the look/art style and saw that it had good reviews. Will delve deeper.

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                                I can imagine though it would make a great emulator machine if it was hacked.
                                Indeed, once the CFW rolls out on this machine it will be quite something as there is plenty of power, loads of buttons and a whole load of talented coders out there. Just the portable Dreamcast aspect would be great, not to mention what it could do with MAME and given the specs that Dolphin runs on it should be able to handle that too...

Comment

Working...
                                X