Club Nintendo closing everywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Club Nintendo closing everywhere

Well that's it folks you better start using up those points as Nintendo has started to shut down club nintendo. The have already added a ton of digital crap to the Japanese site along with a few trivial physical items to help you blow those remaining points.

Seems to be worldwide so best log in and start spending.

Well that sucks. The only positive is that we're finally getting Flipnote for 3DS. And yet from the sounds of it we won't be getting it here any time soon, although the U.S. gets it in Feb. They say they are replacing it with another programme which seems kind of weird to shut this one down rather than just modify it.

Comment

That sucks

Comment

Hope I still get my Smash DLC and soundtrack CD's!

a sad day though, used to enjoy getting tat from there- I've had 3-4 soundtracks, and a Japanese MK8 tshirt recently

Comment

Barring a few exceptions, Club Nintendo Europe has mostly been full of cheap tat. Will not be missed imo - let's hope Nintendo come back with a much-improved rewards scheme.

That said, I will be looking to sort out the remaining points that I have left to see what they'll get me!

Comment

Knowing what Club Nintendo rewards are like and how long it takes to build points I've just used mine up on the t-shirt

Comment

Apparently from what i have read up they are supposedly putting something in it's place but i have no idea what on earth it will be. Depending on the region there seems to be a few more months before the sites close for good, they mention putting more stuff up in feb. So the dilemma is weither to wait it out and hope that there's something good or get the points used up now before all the half decent items go.

I settled for blowing my points now although the selection on the Japanese site has been crap for months, ended up getting a digital copy of balloon fight GB and a ? block drink coaster whoopdedoo

Comment

Just hope they scrap those blooming long surveys rather than make the compulsory.

I can't even log in to the UK version at the moment.
                Last edited by VR46; 20-01-2015, 11:10.

Comment

Reading this announced on Twitter this morning I felt as if Nintendo was pulling out of the West entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
                    Just hope they scrap those blooming long surveys rather than make the compulsory.

I can't even log in to the UK version at the moment.
                    Yeah the Japanese one was getting hammered as well, looks like everyones logging in causing all of them to go at a snails pace at the moment. Keep persevering.

Comment

And my NES Remix T-shirt only arrived yesterday...

Comment

I've been sitting on seven unredeemed codes for ages that I couldn't face entering because of those silly surveys. Better get scratching, I suppose.

Comment

What a shame. Now I can't unlock luigi fan art with all my points.

Comment

I've had a soundtrack for Mario Galaxy, Mario 3D World and Kirby, a recent MK8 T Shirt, and have the Smash DLC and Soundtrack coming- in happy with all that for free

Comment

Yep, I haven't had a lot of stuff from them but the stuff I've had has been great.

Comment

Working...
                              X