X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More free games for PSN users during the 2011 downtime

Is this news?

I can't see it posted anywhere here but maybe my eyes are broken? Anyway:

More than three years ago, a crippling internet attack brought down Sony's PlayStation Network and interrupted service for more than a month. Legal showdowns ensued and today, people in the U.S. who used the company's online services can begin the process of getting their share of a $15 million settlement. Here's how.

I can't remember if I participated in the Welcome Back program. I'm checking my download history now to see. I have a few accounts so I could try one or more of them and see which one works. Wouldn't mind Puppeteer, looks groovy. But I'm torn as to whether I want to give up my right to sue Sony if they do something dickish like stop signing PS3 games a few years down the line...

:update: it's only for 'Murkans. Alas, my dodgy US account was created in 2012. Also, I missed out on the Welcome Back program so I've doubly missed out. Awww, shucks!
    Last edited by randombs; 26-01-2015, 06:01.

My Canadian account was only made after the attack as well.

Comment

I got this mail because my US account predates this. Not sure I can be bothered doing it though as I barely ever use my US account and then there is also the claim form issue of my details possibly not being 100% accurate maybe.

Comment

You mean your real name is not "Big Booty Sam" and you don't live at Sony America headquarters?

Comment

Haven't lived there since the "incident".

Comment

If you have a North Korean account, Sony will give you a lifetime PS+ sub without realising it.

Comment

The only account in NK is Kim's. He only uses it to nuke the west in Red Alert.

Comment

Working...
              X