Metal Gear Rising 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metal Gear Rising 2

I know it has its fans but I really disliked the first game. Wasn't a fan of the camera, the level layouts in places, the scripting and that it didn't feel like an MG game to me. It did however build a small legion of fans and sell decently so a sequel does get mentioned to Kojima often.

At the Taipei game show lips were sent flapping by a very brief flash on screen during a live broadcast of a number 2 which appears to be in Risings font with the PS4 logo. No other info was given so what it actually relates to is secret but it looks likely that Jack is coming back.

The original was infamously a problem project that Platinum had to fix with likely limited resources, if they are involved and have been able to just get on and make it from scratch I'll keep an eye on it.

I thought the first game was a Platinum project from the start, not something they were brought in to fix?

Comment

From wikipedia:

The game was originally announced in 2009 under the title of Metal Gear Solid: Rising, and was intended to take place between the events of Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty and Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. This form of the game was to be produced solely by Kojima Productions. However, the team met with difficulties in developing a game based on swordplay, so executive producer Hideo Kojima canceled it. A solution was found, in late 2011, with Platinum Games taking over development. Under the guidance of the new team, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance was revealed, with a significant change in the play mechanics and storyline. Kojima Productions retained responsibility for the game's overall plot and Raiden's design.

Comment

Yeah, the original trailers showed pretty much a different game and story. Fair play that Kojima admitted it wasn't going well and got platinum in! Loved the original, would love a PS4 sequel

Comment

Fantastic game, can't wait to see how they expand and improve the sequel. The first one was a bit of a rush job but had an amazing combat system. Given a full dev cycle and new hardware Platinum could do something mazing with it.

Comment

Didn't like the first game? lol Madness! It had the most sublime combat ever in a character action game, it wasn't supposed to feel like a MGS game.

Just give me more of the first game, bigger, badder and more epic!

Phantom Pain and now this.....consider me hype.

Comment

I only played the demo of the first but loved it

Comment

Metal Gear Solid: Revengeance developer Platinum Games has explained a recent image that appeared to hint at a possible…

Platinum says the game isn't happening and the two that appeared in the footage was the randomly, pointlessly and confusingly mark the first games second anniversary

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                  can't wait to see how they expand and improve the sequel.
                  Hopefully they wouldn't remove the system intricacies, such as the layered parry system and offensive-defence which seemed to balance skill/reward perfectly on the impossible difficulties. I don't really have faith in anything not handled by Kamiya anymore.

Comment

Working...
                  X