Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obscure DS imports retrospective: Part 7 (Mister Donut DS ミスタードーナツ DS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obscure DS imports retrospective: Part 7 (Mister Donut DS ミスタードーナツ DS)

Time for another dive into the odd game library of the DS, this time it's another cooking game. One of the titles in the Akogare girls collections i present you Mister Donuts DS.

Mister donut was originally an American chain of doughnut shops that ended up taking off in Japan in quite a big way, the Japanese as they normally do made some of the recipes more to their tastes and in doing so ended up becoming a unique thing.

And so back to the game, if you were ever curious what it would be like to be an employee of a Mister donut then wonder no more. You are placed in the shoes of an entry level lackey at Mister donut where you will learn the doughnutty ways of the franchise, when you start the game you are introduced to the 4 members of your team each one of them deals with a specific area. One helps teach you how to bake, another deals with hand finishing the products, another is for serving customers and the final staff member teaches you how to clean up.

The game takes place a day at a time, as you start out you will have just one task to do for each portion of the day but as more and more days go by the variety and number of tasks you have to do will increase. In the morning you have to prepare the donuts, all the tasks are simple minigames a bit like cooking mama. You have to complete a set amount of minigames for each part of the shift and then the day will progress onto the next set on minigames which is finishing, complete the quota for those and you end up serving in the afternoon, by the time the evening comes you are left on cleanup duty.

As you play the minigames you get graded for bronze silver and gold, you also win scratch cards if you do well, these scratch cards give you points to spend on the memrobillia. You can collect and view all the staff uniforms through the ages along with been able to buy various promo items that were available in stores for different promotions, for those interested in the history side or Mister donut.

And a couple of days gameplay for your viewing pleasure

It's suprisingly fun as they days go along and you get access to more and more of the minigames, pretty much no language needed for this one everything is easy to work out.
    Last edited by importaku; 23-01-2018, 13:55.

All right, fine. I'll buy this one as well.

Comment

Fingers crossed you manage to find a cheap copy, still got quite a few games to do features on

Comment

Yep, I'm probably in for this one as well.

Comment

Well this sounds just delightful.

Comment

Heh, I really liked Mister Donuts in Japan. I went there almost daily after discovering it there. My favorite was the "Old Fashion":

Thanks for the interesting series, importaku.

Comment

Sorry to bump a thread but how do you save your progress in this?

Cheers!

EDIT - ignore this, Ms. Chopemon was hitting the erase data button. The game autosaves.
              Last edited by chopemon; 01-08-2015, 22:54.

Comment

I was at Mr. Donuts the other day

Comment

Working...
                X