No announcement yet.

Shenmue 3 PS4 & PC SERIOUSLY HAPPENING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, c'mon. We've spent the last 14 years having our hopes dashed time and time again. Let's enjoy the buzz a while longer.

Comment

^Totally agree! We're getting more Shenmue. This has been a running joke forever and yet here we are actually getting more Shenmue. These are good times.

Comment

Let's spend our negative energy on Half-Life 3

Comment

I'm excited about Shenmue 3 can't be bothered to moan about it as I've wanted it for years and it's finally, FINALLY happening. And I never thought it would.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
            Shenmue sold to 1/10 DC owners. It was a terrible project. The money would have been better spent getting a jazzy, online Fifa and Madden game.
            EA weren't going to support SEGA at all thanks to SEGA America buying VC.. The 1st Shenmue game sold well (any DC game that sold over a million was a hit tbh) it was the sequel that didn't sell but it hardly was to blame for the downfall of SEGA. The downfall of SEGA was making the DC hardware and selling it at huge losses from the get go and then the big 3rd party transition not working out and so in '2004' SEGA had to sell to Sammy and of coruse the sad death of the late great Isao Okawa

Shenmue was a flop in the west most of all.
            Shenmue best sales were in the USA infact . The sequel flopped in Japan the most and didn't even reach 70,000 copies sold in Japan on the DC . Shenmue II sales weren't helped with the poor deal SEGA America did with MS and for there no be no DC version in the USA which was a huge mistake imo

Well from what i have heard budget was 47 million $ but that was for shenmue 1 and 2 plus the unreleased saturn version aswell
            That's Yu doing a bit of backtracking. Its $70 million that was spent on the Shenmue project

Last edited by Team Andromeda; 24-06-2015, 09:51.

Comment

I remember when Shenmue 2 hit and the DCs goose was well cooked by that point so it was never going to sell in great numbers. It's certainly a game with a limited sized audience though so they'd be best not to get carried away

Comment

What, like by stating they want to make Shenmue 4?

Comment

Shenwho? It's three years away. Can we talk about something else now?
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Shenwho III will be the "Never Say Never Again" of videogames. Mark my words.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Metal Gear Solid V.

Jeff Gerstmann described a scenario where some kids were listening to Kids in America on a boombox, and then he was able to steal the tape and listen to it in Naked Snake's Walkman.

Now that is boss.

Comment

MGS V is going to be the greatest game of all time.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

No argument here. Lol.

But no, we can't stop talking about Shenmue...because this is the Shenmue 3 thread. We've only got to page 6. There's 3 more years of complaining, speculation and arguing over whether or not the first two 'killed Sega' or not to go.

Comment

Shenwho III is gonna suck.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Maybe, but Shenmoo III will be wicked

Comment

I remember when Shenmue 2 hit and the DCs goose was well cooked by that point so it was never going to sell in great numbers. It's certainly a game with a limited sized audience though so they'd be best not to get carried away
                                Yes but SEGA still screwed up by not giving USA DC owners (the DC biggest market and the market for Shenmue Biggest sales) a USA DC version of Part II. I'm sure that even late it the day it would have sold over 500,000 copies in the USA alone .

But anyway its just not true to make out Shenmue cost SEGA : if that was the case SEGA would have gone bust in 2001 not 2004, never mind SEGA AM#2 being able to make such games as OutRun II, VF IV, VF IV Evo, VF Quest , VC III and a host of other games after Shenmue II , never mind that Shenmue development budget was already paid for with the $250 million DC game production set aside for DC games development by SEGA Japan .

SEGA's debt mountain of low marketshare and making a Huge loss for every DC sold it what cost it and the HUGE even of SEGA lossing its chairmain in 2001 with the sad death of the late great Isao Okawa. After that CSK was destrate to sell SEGA at any cost .

Comment

Working...
                                X