No announcement yet.

Shenmue 3 PS4 & PC SERIOUSLY HAPPENING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My guess? Not a chance. This is a one-off. I think it's a shame they haven't raised more but, as per my earlier predictions, I'm not remotely surprised.

Comment

Is this out yet?

It feels like we've been talking about it for years.

Comment

Came out last month, QC. Wasn't great.

Comment

I'm guessing it was just two QTE missions:
          1. Tap X to make Suzuki roll around in cash whilst laugh that the story is still not finished.
          2. Tap X to make Suzuki floss his crack with the $10K jacket.

Comment

No, that second one has been held back for Shenmue 4. Kickstarter now in progress, currently going strong at $7.

Comment

Ha ha ha!

Homer: "It's funny 'cause it's true!"
              I am a little disappointed that instead of seeing this as a way to conclude the story, it's a way to string it out.

Comment

I think that's probably a bit harsh. He did write the whole story back in the mid 90s from what I've read, I don't think he wants to string it out so much as tell it in his ideal way.

Agree that it is very shortsighted to think he will be able to Kickstart a fourth game though!

Comment

He should one-up Slightly Mad Studios and announce the Shenmue 4 Kickstarter as soon as this one ends.

This comment made me giggle:

"Btw guys I just heard some rumors, according to some people Keanu Reeves is apparently a big Shenmue fan and might drop some big bombs in this kickstarter the coming days. Lets hope its true."

Comment

Shenmue and its sequel's english language versions starred Corey Marshall as Ryo Hazuki, and it's just been confirmed t…

Original English Ryo voice actor is on board. It's a consistent thing... not sure a good one, but yeah... err, woo!

Comment

Like anyone gives two ****s about the English voice actor. The English voice acting in Shenmue was awful. I want the Japanese voices as they were very good, as always.

Comment

I much preferred Shenmue 2's Japanese voices but I fondly remember English lines because of nostalgia. Also, it can be annoying having to read subtitles all the time.

Like Resident Evil, the English voice-over has its silly charm.

Comment

Agreed the english voices were goofy but had a charm to them , it wouldn't be shenmue without them .

Big updates due tomorrow regarding the rewards , keep an eye out

There's also $30 on the 3rd hundreds of people are going to do this , join in the fun and help give the game a big boost tomorrow

Comment

i cannot wait to spend time looking for sailors....oh and play the shenmue games aswell

Comment

They need a reward where an actual sailor hand-delivers the game to you and stays with you until you reach the happy - albeit climactic - ending.

Comment

The stretch goals are problematic as it is just "BIGGER X" but without knowing how big it is, and how big it will get, there is little incentive, really.

Comment

Working...
                                X