No announcement yet.

Shenmue 3 PS4 & PC SERIOUSLY HAPPENING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shame there's no localisation. Does that matter?

Comment

It does really. Tough without help.

Comment

Unfortunate.

Comment

Just read about that Mizzurna Falls game. It looks so good. Thanks nakamura for the knowledge!

Comment

The games amazing (I'm not questioning that - look how many times I've posted in this thread) but it's in the same category as DNF etc in regards to having development issues.
            I think the 1st game is a bit boring myself , but the 2nd game is amazing . Don't know why you go on about Shenmue development issues when there are far more games that were in development for longer and had way more issues too . Shenmue main issue was been the sequel just didn't sell and that spends the end to any game series in almost all cases

Comment

Originally posted by jamesy View Post
              Just read about that Mizzurna Falls game. It looks so good. Thanks nakamura for the knowledge!
              With one hand he giveth, with the other...

I love the sound of that game but the lack of a translation patch is killing me.

Comment

Me too. First read about it years ago and I'd absolutely love to play it.

Comment

It was sold to me originally as a proto-Deadly Premonition rather than a proto-Shenmue... there, that might help put some of you off.

Comment

Yea, I'd love to see it in engish too. I'm resorting to a playthrough on youtube just to see what it's like. Not quite the same though.

Comment

It's deadly premonition style but has all the real time world people going about their daily lives like Shenmue.

In 1998.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                        It's deadly premonition style but has all the real time world people going about their daily lives like Shenmue.

In 1998.
                        Should be noted that with out the failure of the Saturn and the need to get software for the DC. Shenmue too was doing all that in 1997 on the Saturn and got as far as Shenmue II on the Saturn

Comment

In concept perhaps. But there is no Almost complete version of the original out there. Suzuki even mentioned he moved development to Dreamcast in an interview with Polygon. The original hadn't been made let alone 2.

Unless you have other information.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                            In concept perhaps. But there is no Almost complete version of the original out there. Suzuki even mentioned he moved development to Dreamcast in an interview with Polygon. The original hadn't been made let alone 2.

Unless you have other information.
                            Just look at the Saturn video . Lots of Shenmue II in all there , right up to disc 4 of DC Shenmue II.

]

And in various interviews AM#2 said work began in 1994 and nearly 2 years of work was done on the Saturn version till it was moved to DC production . So that would mean it 1997. Also Omikron: The Nomad Soul sould get a note for a open world game with loads of NPC's
                            Last edited by Team Andromeda; 22-07-2015, 11:43.

Comment

Trust you to make an argument with a game that wasn't even released.

Comment

And Suzuki said it was just a prototype called The Man and the Peach Tree.
                                Work may have begun in 1994 but that's a very vague term.

Comment

Working...
                                X