No announcement yet.

Shenmue 3 PS4 & PC SERIOUSLY HAPPENING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My $5 contribution would be money well-spent if it leads to his inevitable meltdown in a Rock, Paper, Shotgun interview.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
      My $5 contribution would be money well-spent if it leads to his inevitable meltdown in a Rock, Paper, Shotgun interview.
      Ha. Pretty harsh to compare him to Molyneux no?

Comment

I meant more along the lines of RPS giving him a proper rogering like they did with Molyneux.

But this is still quite a big deal and he hasn't even started yet.

I'd be a bit more understanding if he just started development but hit a snag and asked for more money to finish. it's still all just promises. Even the demo won't appear until 2017. Start the damn thing and see how it goes. I don't care how much Shenmue cost before. He doesn't have that luxury now and should really be proving himself to his investors(us), not reminding us of how much we love Shenmue and how great it could be if we'd just give him more money.

They've lost a lot of good faith already. Sowt it aat, son!

Comment

Watch now as other studios pull this dick move.

Comment

Yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if the number of crowd+publisher-funded games increases.

Why not lower your risk under the guise of testing consumer commitment?

Comment

Originally posted by The Moleman View Post
              Watch now as other studios pull this dick move.
              I hope they don't, but it seems that high profile Japanese titles are more prone to this, just watch the cluster**** that Mighty No. 9 is. At the very least that Kickstarter wasn't announced on an E3 stage as exclusive to one platform (not including PC on purpose).
              Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 05-10-2015, 09:25.

Comment

Mno9 is being made by western devs, nothing japanese about it.

Comment

Way too much unfounded and unreasonable cynicism here. Chill out and just go with the ride, Shenmue 3's getting made.

If you're convinced it's all a fraud or destined to failure then why bother and actually invest time in a forum discussing it? I think for those of us who were originally around for Shenmue/II in our late teens and 20s it's safe to say - really we're a bit old for that now.

Comment

Very true. And if anyone crowdfunds without knowing it might be a cluster, well that's their fault. Personally I'm done with KS and the like and will just wait for the eventual release.

Comment

Why discuss it? Because that's over $6 million of people's cash potentially being pissed up a wall on a vanity project.

Comment

I'm quite happy for it to be pissed up a wall on a vanity project if that vanity project has an ending. But that doesn't appear to be the case, which is simply lunacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                          Mno9 is being made by western devs, nothing japanese about it.
                          Inafune's the front-man however, and most probably one of the causes of the double-Kickstarter campaign, delays and whatanot. It is also one of the high profile campaigns that has continuously failed to deliver, though this isn't the right thread for this discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                            Why discuss it? Because that's over $6 million of people's cash potentially being pissed up a wall on a vanity project.
                            Those people are meant to be fans aren't they . Shenmue 3 is getting made so that's them happy and any real die hard Shenmue fan would know there's 11 chapters left to be told and so that's 2 to 3 games worth .Nothing being cut out which I what I think the die hard would want .

Comment

We've been through this over and over. If you honestly think there will be 3 more Shenmue games, you are as delusional as Suzuki. It simply won't happen.

Comment

Oh well, at least we're getting another game. Everyone is moaning so much, last year Shenmue was dead forever anyway. Unlike others I don't feel a personal sense of ownership because I've sent in $60, it's a donation for a series I love. My nightmare is Suzuki takes advice from people on the internet. I want him to make the game he wants to make, indulgent ending-less passion project though it may be.

That's what I paid my $60 for. Not for 420_n0_sc0p3_uk to have an influence on the game's design. Lol.

That sounds like I'm having a go at somebody, but I'm not intending it that way. I'm just still glad we're getting another game, no matter what the ending is (and I hate how EVERYTHING to do with gaming has to turn into a moanfest - which, yes, I'm moaning about!).

Comment

Working...
                                X