Shenmue 3 PS4 & PC SERIOUSLY HAPPENING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It won't make 40 or 50 million.

If they have any sense it will be a competent game to finish the story.

Comment

Are Sony and SEGA stumping up some dough behind the scenes as well? Even given better dev tools and experience with openworld games nowadays, I'm thinking they'll need a 'proper wodge' (precise technical term) of cash.

Comment

Totally agree it won't be a groundbreaking title, it'll be a continuation of Shenmue and nothing more. I think that's what the fans want though. It's certainly what I want.

Comment

Shenmue 3 PS4 & PC SERIOUSLY HAPPENING

Re: Golgo

This is my big problem with it. If I was a betting man, I wouldn't see this going beyond $10m from KS backers, and even that seems like a negligible budget for a project like this. The project plan really needs a lot more transparency and meat on the bone.

Comment

Agree with fuse. Suzuki & Co didn't let Sony have this reveal and console exclusive for free. Sony must be putting money in as well and if you're using kickstarter then that deal ought to be made a bit more public.

Comment

I can't decide which tier to go for. If there was a PS4 disc I'd be in there like a shot but I don't really like playing this sort of game on PC.

Comment

The kickstarter target smashed in 10 hours, and the whole bloody thing is done and dusted by the time most people are even getting around to reading about it lol.

This calls for a massive forum wide virtual dutch rudder!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
                  I can't decide which tier to go for. If there was a PS4 disc I'd be in there like a shot but I don't really like playing this sort of game on PC.
                  I'm in the same boat. Would much rather have a physical ps4 copy.

On another note why does Ryo look way older in that trailer now? lol

Comment

Wondering if this be a Sega produced game or Sony/Yu Suzuki independent studio. Is Shenmue a Sega owned property?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesy View Post

Because it's been 14 years lol

Comment

Sega haven't owned the rights to Shenmue since February 2014.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                          Sega haven't owned the rights to Shenmue since February 2014.
                          oh really ,didnt know that, so it wont have any Sega involvement at all then?

Comment

Sega own the rights but they've granted Ys Net and Sony the rights to make Shenmue III.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesy View Post

The trouble with the PS4 version is that it doesn't offer the same value for money as the PC one. In addition to some extra tat, the $100 tier nets you either a physical PC copy worth $60 or a PC/PS4 download, which is worth $29. Hardly seems like a fair swap!

Comment

Shenmue 3 won't happen for $2 million, not even with those animations. And what's up with the stretch goals? $2 million for the game to be made, but the first "area" costs $4 million?

Also, why do the characters look nothing like in the previous games?

Good to hear that the voice acting is still terrible, wouldn't quite be Shenmue without them.

Still, good to hear that this is coming in some shape or form and that Yu Suzuki is bringing his talent back to the business after all the years.

Comment

Working...
                                X