Shenmue 3 PS4 & PC SERIOUSLY HAPPENING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wools View Post
    Sega own the rights but they've granted Ys Net and Sony the rights to make Shenmue III.
    Sega do not own the rights. They didn't bother renewing them.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

J0e's right I remember that now. There was much woe-stricken wailing and gnashing of teeth over it. "Final nail in the coffin of Shenmue 3", etc.

Comment

Looks like the complete opposite happened by allowing a company that isn't made up of complete tossers to get their grubby mitts on it.

Comment

It says in the kickstarter Q&A that the rights have been officially licensed from Sega and that Sega still own the rights to Shenmue 1&2.

Comment

Dont forget people that the video on the kickstarter page is just a proof of concept and won't reflect the look or sound of the final game. Also i'd be willing to bet that on top of the $10 - 15 million this will probably make, Sony will probably give the team a similar amount which means it wouldn't suprise me at all if they had around a $30 - $40 million budget for the game. And im sure the controls will be fully updated for modern game standards.

Comment

Apparently there doing Shenmue 3 but I've not read anything about it because I know it's a load of bull crap. I won't read it this time, you're not going to fool me, the jokes on you this time muhahahaha.

Comment

Hoping Vita version is a stretch goal.

Comment

Woooooohoooooo bishes. Didn't I say this day would come? Didn't I?

Dont like the new models though, Ryo looks botoxed and everything feels so much more wooden but oh well, wooohoooooo.

Comment

Looking forward to this but like others have mentioned already, I would actually fund them more money if they was a physical PS4 copy. Digital PC copy will be used for testing my my Gaming PC.

Comment

Wow - can't believe 3 peeps have done the 10k dinner pledge

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
                        Wow - can't believe 3 peeps have done the 10k dinner pledge
                        If money was no object i certainly would have done

Comment

I had mind blown by this and I know Yu Suzuki posted a forklift pic on his Twitter but bar a miracle. Which happened did not think in a millions years would see Shenmue III best I hope for was HD Collection (See my E3 wishlist). Already done my first ever Kick Starter backing ?30

Regards to the showing people have mentioned Cerny and Yu Suzuki are great friends apparently and it seems Cerny had something to do with this I believe. When Mr PS4 says make it probably hard to say no. Judging by an interview I read with Yu Suzuki on Eurogamer recently it seemed Yu was more interested in chilling out with his mobile company, seems he could not turn this opportunity down. Although Shenmue I and II made a big dent in Sega at the time and was very far ahead of the curve game wise in some aspects. In nowadays climate unless the game I Yakuza size/graphical power then should be too crazy expensive. Provided Sega give him access to all the assets from the previous games etc fingers crossed they will.

For me the Demo they showed is just an example I'm sure it will not be a ropey when finished although the English voice acting in Shenmue is mega stilted I think this is to do with Translation, Shenmue III full games will not be as bad hopefully.

I hope this is in Japanese only with subs as would be better and take less effort on Yu Suzuki's Teams part although and option for English and Japanese would be good if done well. Hopefully 8-4 play can translate as they work right near Yu Suzuki in Shibuya.

Eurogamer interview:

Even during the height of his fame at Sega in the 90s, Yu Suzuki was an outsider. Unable and unwilling to keep to the 8…

Stolen from Gaf but it's brilliant Cerny Suzuki Shenmue break down GDC 14

Last edited by JU!; 16-06-2015, 21:03.

Comment

I've paid up, they can take as long as they like to make it now

Comment

Originally posted by MarioMark View Post
                              I've paid up, they can take as long as they like to make it now
                              Not too long I hope. Want my PS4 to still be working so 2017 is not too bad. Still feels unreall this is gonna get made.

Comment

I'm with Golgo, fuse and Brad on this one, this is little more than a Sony kickstarter in disguise not to be open about it up front is very back handed. Yu Suzuki also badly managed the money on Shenmue 1 & 2 and ended up being let go by Sega, so do I trust the man no and project wise this is going to need at least 20 - 30 million unless the game is only a few hours long.

Fans maybe in for a very long wait before it appears.
                                Last edited by S3M; 16-06-2015, 20:47.

Comment

Working...
                                X