Final Fantasy VII: Remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
    I think it could be great if they made a trilogy out of it. Part 1 could be purely Midgar, Part 2 exploration of the world, and Part 3 being endgame stuff with battle system maturity and lots of optional bosses.
    Optional bosses? Optional DLC.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
      I think it could be great if they made a trilogy out of it. Part 1 could be purely Midgar, Part 2 exploration of the world, and Part 3 being endgame stuff with battle system maturity and lots of optional bosses.
      That sounds like a really unorthodox way of splitting the game up.

No thanks.

Comment

Cant help but feeling i got over excited at E3 for nothing now. But if I'm honest, whilst i am hugely disappointed with this announcement i think i always had the back of my mind that a full blown revision of FF VII using a whole new engine to recreate the game was never a realistic prospect. The original is just so huge, with so many locations it would take many, many years of full time devotion to recreate it to this scale.

Still slightly looking forward to seeing what their plans are but if its just going to be some crappy 5-6 episodes per original disc etc then that is just pointless waste of resources and time. Its not something just about anyone wanted, certainly not for me.

At the end of the day, i still have the original and i still love playing through it every few years. And if I'm honest i play it for the story and enjoy it (and graphics) as a product of its time, this for me makes it eternal and just never grows old.

Comment

Yeah, despite the disappointment, it seems that few realize how much goes into game development and how long something can take especially when the world in question is huge. I mean, if it's FF7, I'd rather it be much more detailed than most JRPGs as of late. For example, Tales of games are churned out every year but most of the environments are extremely bland copy-paste polygon slabs. They lack any type of intrigue or imagination. I love the games but they are severely lacking... They could use and extra year of development. Then again 10 years would be a bit too much. That would be a clear indication that a game has lost focus and might be a complete mess when it's released.

Comment

The worst thing this could be is something similar to the Telltale style of episodic game. For me this is the least attractive prospect for FF7 remake. But on the other hand maybe what Square are planning is something on a larger more grand scale, something like a game version of movie series, like the Lord of The Rings trilogy for example. Each episode covering one disc but each lasting a good 20+ hours.

What really doesn't help is now this has been let out of the bag i just wish Square would come out and state their intentions of what they have in mind, all these rumours and guesswork are not helping anyone, the game or the fans.

Comment

True that. They have a PR ****storm on their hands already so I'm sure there will be some response shortly. FFXV developers have had a good relationship with the fans so I'm sure they'll also take fan wishes into consideration with this one.

Comment

It seems then that the predictions that this would be Crisis Core on steroids are correct - and now it's divided into pieces?

It seems a shame they didn't just go down the Capcom ReMake approach now, i.e. pretty much keep the entire game the same and just change out the visuals.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                  As for FFVII, should have remade it for PS3 using the same static cameras and battle engine. Updated music and script. Now they have made their task insanely hard.
                  I remember that impressive E3 teaser of a remake on PS3, though nothing was pre-rendered
                  Es handelt sich hierbei ausdrücklich um keinen Remake des Spiels.Bei der Tech-Demo handelt es sich um eine kurze Videosequenz, die Square-Enix erstellt hat, ...

Comment

Looks like the episodic content are infact going to be large scale games in the own right. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Crisis somewhat averted, at least until the next bombshell i.e putting the use of Summon's as paid for DLC/Micro transaction

Comment

We've seen what passes for a "full-size game" in this generation, I'm not sure it means quite as much as it used to.

Comment

60-120 hours? Fallout 4, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Witcher 3 were all that length.

Comment

Sure, but they are very much in the minority, Type 0 averages at 22 hours for the main story.

It's still early days, so who knows, but I rather expect it to be The Hobbit Trilogy rather than LotR.
                          Last edited by MartyG; 07-12-2015, 20:56.

Comment

Release date finally getting announced at e3 apparently! At last

Comment

Is this still going to be episodic or are they going to release the full game at once?

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                                Is this still going to be episodic or are they going to release the full game at once?
                                Still episodic https://www.gamespot.com/articles/fi.../1100-6467078/

Got to say though when it came to a remake i would have been happy if they Just took the exact same game and redone the graphics and that was it

Comment

Working...
                                X