No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy VII: Remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually really liked the new trailer, Midgar basically looks like how I imagined a next gen Midgar would look. Clearly they're just going to orchestrate the original soundtrack too which would be the best thing they could do, rather than create new ****ty music for it, given that Uematsu has confirmed he won't be actively involved in it.

Regarding the PS4 original, is it a direct port of the PC version? Does the game feature the crap BGM from the PC game or is it the proper soundtrack from the PS1? I'd buy the PS4 theme by itself if I could.

Comment

Actually got me pretty excited!

Comment

You kids these days and your positivity. Why, back in my day we would trash every new thing mercilessly and pointlessly on little more than the tiniest hint of a glimpse in an early teaser.

Comment

If the mechanics are the same as FFXV and Type-0 then it won't be for me, I really don't like how either of those games play. Pity as from what's been shown of Midgar, the environments look very nice.

Given the way SquareEnix have gone with the Final Fantasy series, sadly I can't see this being turn based.

Comment

Why do people insist turn based combat is outdated? That's utter rubbish.

This remake confirms that Final Fantasy has completely abandoned what made it sell in the millions in the first place. Also confirms that you could make any old **** with Cloud jumping around like a super hero and people love it.

Still, it looks pretty though.

Comment

I would want it to play like the original

It's nice to update how it looks but the game was perfect back in the day and only probably needs minor tweaking

FF7 is the only one I liked out of the whole series and lost over 70 hours to it, I haven't really played many of them being honest but did try 8 as soon as it was released and I didn't like it so never played anymore after that

Comment

I personally think it looks just fantastic and was so happy to finally see some in-game footage. Im not too fussed about the change to combat, need to see more of it to form a full opinion. I just cannot wait to see how Square go about re-creating so many much loved areas. Just have a feeling this is going to be a long, long way from release.

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
                  Do you think they'll remove the random battles? I might give it a play then.
                  They could be annoying at times but we're certainly necessary if you wanted to max characters and materia's

I finished the game is under 40 hours but then it took another 30 hours to beat the 3 new bosses who appeared when sephiroth/Jenova was defeated so to max up things like knights of the round and mime took all those little randoms

I remember trying to fight ruby (if I remember rightly) it it took two of your team out of the game immediately so you had to have all your characters with mime and characters at least armed with Knights of the round and Phoenix am sure I still have my game save somehwere

Comment

Looks nice, loving the nextgen midgar. The menu look's like 15's though :/

Hoping that if your press attack its just a 3D version of the original and its turn based and not action rpg based.

Comment

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm hoping for. Kinda like how they originally showed 13 to be.

Comment

It looks action based, it is Tetsuya Nomura after all and he can only make brainless Kingdom Hearts style games.

I hope to heck I'm wrong. Visually it's amazing.

Comment

So... the arguably better option might seem to be the PS4 compatible version of the original that went up on the store. It looks lovely and smooth from the promo shots. Has anyone tried it out?

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                            They could be annoying at times but we're certainly necessary if you wanted to max characters and materia's
                            I don't disagree but each time I've tried to play this game I'd get to a point where my characters would be limping and wheezing toward a save point and that fcuking screen would fall apart again. At least when you can see the enemies on screen you can choose to engage now or later as you need the stats and whatnot.

Another reason why Grandia II wears the crown as best RPG of all time, as well as its astounding battle system, materia/mana eggs thing and characters.

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                            Yeah; I had hoped with two things:

1) The move away from static images and towards videos in game advertising, along with YouTube etc. supporting 60fps
                            2) Last gen being dominated by CoD, one of the few games which always insisted on 60fps

... that we would see more of a push for it this gen. As it is, I haven't bought either of the new consoles yet and am more inclined to upgrade my PC this Christmas.
                            Assuming that it takes twice the load to render at 60fps vs 30 I can see why all the companies are doing so but it just looks so crappy that I choose to avoid it. To me its like a boy racing screaming the tits off his car in third gear because thats where his "power band" is.

Comment

Playing it right now. The polygons have been smoothed out and everything loads fast. It's also the original tracks, not the old PC midi versions. This is the 'definitive' version of the game, and you get trophies too...

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
                                Assuming that it takes twice the load to render at 60fps vs 30 I can see why all the companies are doing so but it just looks so crappy that I choose to avoid it. To me its like a boy racing screaming the tits off his car in third gear because thats where his "power band" is.
                                That's an incorrect assumption, though. It doesn't take 2x the raw power to render at 60 than at 30. On paper, maths-wise it might do, but in reality, due to the way video game graphics and hardware work, it isn't like that.

Originally posted by danholo View Post
                                Playing it right now. The polygons have been smoothed out and everything loads fast. It's also the original tracks, not the old PC midi versions. This is the 'definitive' version of the game, and you get trophies too...
                                Have they done that "hack" the PC version had where the game displayed the battle-screen characters in the world when wandering around? I heard that made a huge visual difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X