Final Fantasy VII: Remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asura View Post
    Have they done that "hack" the PC version had where the game displayed the battle-screen characters in the world when wandering around? I heard that made a huge visual difference.
    No, it's pretty much a direct port. Only the polygons are smoother.

Comment

Grandia II best ever RPG lols. The first is way better.

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
        I don't disagree but each time I've tried to play this game I'd get to a point where my characters would be limping and wheezing toward a save point and that fcuking screen would fall apart again.
        L1 & R1 - run away. It's moments like that which add drama to the gameplay. Not every game has to be just A to Z with nothing happening to risk upsetting the player in between.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
          L1 & R1 - run away. It's moments like that which add drama to the gameplay. Not every game has to be just A to Z with nothing happening to risk upsetting the player in between.
          Perfectly put.

Comment

Evidently you lot are a bunch of masochists

The sheer amount of random battles after random battles started to take the piss after a while. Its premise seemed interesting and the characters were alright but not having been a fan boy of this series before (or after) I didn't have much invested in it.

Random battles can shampoo my crotch. To quote from the net:

Having random encounters in this game is rage worthy. As the game can certainly render enemies along with the main character. Guards in the Shinra building.
            And lets not forget that dumb stealth section. Which u have to repeat from start if u blow the cover.

I was nearing the save point and about to save the game. I was not completely over the save icon. I open the menu and save was disabled. I exit the menu and behold a random encounter out of nowhere near the save icon and I got killed. *RAGE
            To me it seemed lazy and a method to make the game longer, there was no need to have them as if you could see the enemies at least you could choose to engage instead of having some "L1 and R1 drama" thrust your way.

And another one:

*Finishes battle*

Step-Step-St-----

WOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooossssshhhhh
            Last edited by replicashooter; 06-12-2015, 14:38.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I prefer visible enemies like in games like Chrono Cross and Grandia, but FF random battles really aren't that bad. Many are much worse.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                Don't get me wrong, I prefer visible enemies like in games like Chrono Cross and Grandia, but FF random battles really aren't that bad. Many are much worse.
                For me it was the first and last rpg I'd played with randoms. They just feel so cheap, like that bit in metal gear solid where you had to go through the whole stage again.

If they include an option to turn on visible enemies then I'll give this a go otherwise there are plenty of other RPGs out there.

Comment

Hmm, they probably are a bit cheap in truth. It's certainly a flawed encounter system.

Comment

I'm just glad it's actually gong ahead and is in a stage of development. Always thought it would be one of those vapour ware announcements that would never see the light of day.

Excited to see how it turns out

Comment

Thing is, there is a lot more to the game than the combat. I must admit it is combat where Square lost me in later games (Crisis Core was just so dull for me) but that was more because the combat to rest of game ratio seemed completely out of whack. I just hope they retain or build on all the other stuff that made FF7 interesting too, rather than being FF7-set arena combat.

Comment

The way you felt about the later episodes is how this one was to me.

I know that a games experience is divided up between story, boss battles, grinding and general japes but coming from legend of zelda to ffvii was enough to make me shy away from those type of RPGs for a while.

That's what makes titles like persona 4 so good. They have the balance perfected and even having to grind at point doesn't feel like a chore as the payoff is nice.

Comment

I have never played Persona. Have heard good things. But yeah, I did have more patience for random battles when I was younger. I have a low tolerance for them now. Although it must be said my tolerance for other types of combat (Kingdom Hearts, Nathan Drake vs pirates , etc) is all very low these days too.

Comment

I've so far never been able to get into any turn based rpg, they feel really unsatisfying. The only JRPG series I've played much of are the Tales series which combine elements of skill, reactions and strategy quite nicely. Even so I wouldn't agree with them changing something so fundamental as the style of combat of a highly celebrated game like this.

Comment

I have now got a dreadful feeling after reading a few articles that it may end up being episodic as in they will release the game in parts. If they do then they can F**** RIGHT OFF!!!

I will not buy it in pieces and will just wait until it's all out.
                              Last edited by Sam The Man; 07-12-2015, 03:40.

Comment

Yeah it's true:

Comment

Working...
                                X