The Last of Us: Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
    Lots of streamers playing this early. Puts me off a game when that happens. Particularly big narrative games like this. Still 350k people watching on Twitch alone.

If you intend to play it watching a stream to get a sense of whether its worth buying makes sense. I don't know why you'd want to spoil the experience though (tbh if you bought it and didn't like the game you could probably resell it for £40 on eBay after a week).

Hoping my copy arrives today. I don't know her that excited for game releases (fighters aside) but I'm going to be experiencing this one for all it has to offer when it gets here.

Comment

I need to finish my umpteenth replay of the first over today and tomorrow after work (I’m at 83% so should be fine) then I’m just telling the wife that on Sunday the living room TV is claimed for the day and I’m just going to immerse myself in it.

Comment

Played 2 hours last night.

It's everything I wanted. YMMV.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
          Played 2 hours last night.

It's everything I wanted. YMMV.
          Good to hear. Waiting for mine to arrive. Does it allow you to start off the bat or do you have to wait for the install to complete?

Comment

[MENTION=4287]Paddy[/MENTION] I don't know mate. I've gone digital so it had pre-loaded. There was a 20GB starter and a 50-something GB secondary file.

The physical is two discs though.

Comment

[MENTION=4287]Paddy[/MENTION] I don't know mate. I've gone digital so it had pre-loaded. There was a 20GB starter and a 50-something GB secondary file.

Alright that's cool. I've just had mine delivered so I'll get the installation underway once I've had breakfast.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                If you intend to play it watching a stream to get a sense of whether its worth buying makes sense. I don't know why you'd want to spoil the experience though (tbh if you bought it and didn't like the game you could probably resell it for £40 on eBay after a week).

Hoping my copy arrives today. I don't know her that excited for game releases (fighters aside) but I'm going to be experiencing this one for all it has to offer when it gets here.
                I think there are also people that will watch games like this that never have an intention of buying them. And they also like watching the characters streaming; i.e. xQc etc.

It's just annoying to see review embargoes (which shouldn't exist anyway) and release dates enforced for the people paying but not adhered to for streamers. May be early physical disks getting into their hands but otherwise they are basically sponsored streams not be managed correctly.

Comment

@Paddy I don't know mate. I've gone digital so it had pre-loaded. There was a 20GB starter and a 50-something GB secondary file.

Wish I'd gone digital now with two discs and patch to install. Most of my friends online after midnight were playing it. Its out for delivery according to my tracking number.
                  Just my luck the misses will have plans to go out today

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
                    Just my luck the misses will have plans to go out today
                    Well if you take receipt of it before you go out get it in the PS4, start the installation and put it into Rest Mode. You can then look forward to making a start on it right after you get back.

Checking my copy its two discs. Is this the first PS4 to have this or is it my poor memory?
                    Last edited by Paddy; 19-06-2020, 10:03.

Comment

Mine turned up, installing Disc one now and luckily I nipped back on the system as Rest Mode freezes the install.

Comment

Rest mode is only good for online DL.

Doesn't work with physical media.

Comment

Oh crap, my bad. You can still start the installation and turn the TV off woody you go out at least.

Comment

The postal service around my town has become worse over the years. We used to have mail delivered around 0930 now its 1400 if I’m lucky
                            Still I’m not in work until Monday morning so every cloud

Comment

Can’t understand the weirdos who are review-bombing this on metacritic. What a waste of time.
                              In other news, I’m really enjoying the enthusiasm in this thread. Looking forward to playing it somewhere down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by gordon View Post
                                Can’t understand the weirdos who are review-bombing this on metacritic. What a waste of time.
                                In other news, I’m really enjoying the enthusiasm in this thread. Looking forward to playing it somewhere down the line.
                                Thats what you get from a generation of snowflakes
                                Makes you laugh that it’s only launched today and pricks moaning about the story. They’ve really put some time into it haven’t they???
                                Last edited by BIG EDD; 19-06-2020, 12:31.

Comment

Working...
                                X