No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 2: REmake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can play it at 3pm. I’m just sitting here watching the timer count down like a dick.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Best Biohazard game ever. Ever wondered why you started 2 out in the streets in the middle of a big fire? Well now you find out.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
        Best Biohazard game ever.
        You love a bit of hyperbole, you crazy cat, J0e!

Comment

I love it! All the Resi talk today has me well up for it. I wasn't going to buy at launch but ended up pre-ordering after work.

Comment

You're not making a mistake by buying this. I think this is getting great reviews not because of hype but because its actually well made.

I'll be playing more of Breath of the Wild tonight but as soon this drops through the letterbox I'll be installing and playing it ASAP.

Comment

Deffo not liking the Resi 4 chunterings on here! The thing about Resi 4 is that it was soooooo influential that now it feels kinda old hat, especially when newer entries and clones have muddied the broth. But when it was new it was FRESH!!!!

Let's not forget that. When I played this on GC in '05 it was the biggedy bomb. I'd say it was still great. But having played through it many, many times on GC, PS2, Wii and 360, I'm sorta sick of the sight of it.

I just say let's not kick down a 14 year old game that was absolutely incredible for its time and held up very well for ages.

I like 5, 2, 4 and 1 (PS1) best, I just wish the graphics on 1 had aged a tad better...

And I wish I loved Code Veronica more. It really is a traditional Resi game with nice gfx. There's just *something* that I can't quite get with, same feeling I had with Zero.

I'd also say get both Evil Within games, they're bloody brill.
              Last edited by JazzFunk; 24-01-2019, 17:24.

Comment

There was something icky about Resi 4, as well. Icky bosses, especially the guy in the barn. This weird crazy feeling in the air all the time.

I think I said it before but watch the movie Dagon and see where Resi 4 nicked a lot of its style from. Plus, it's a decent movie.

Comment

This is a GOTY contender. It is that amazing!
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

RE 1-3 are games that I respected but didn’t really enjoy.

RE 4 was brilliant. To hell with all this retrospective cussing. It was bloody marvellous, pretty much revolutionary and hugely influential. It sold the GC to me. The atmosphere, pace, setting, visuals, sound design and structure were excellent, and really hooked me, unlike the stodginess of the first three. It had plenty of wow moments and offered an excellent experience.

Code Veronica was a good entry but, again, was a polished version of the first three. 4 was a totally different beast. Damn you all to Hades.

Comment

I ranked my favorite resi games here...doesn't belong in this thread.

I could have sworn I put the update in the Ranking Off: Resident Evil thread! Losing my mind...
                      Last edited by Cassius_Smoke; 25-01-2019, 08:15. Reason: clearly losing my mind

Comment

Mine came yesterday from shopto.Installed it ready for Sunday night.Cant wait to finish work.All nighter horror fest

Comment

The old classic “get to the last boss with inefficient ammo and supplies” is ever present here. Lol
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Resi evil 3 i really enjoyed and seems like here Nemesis is replaced by Mr X, also i have to say i really loved the Dodge mechanic in 3.

4 was great but i hated the Qte events, first time took me completely by surprise and i died, retried i was prepared but it was a different button combination so died again

Comment

Yes, arrived from amazon a day early, just need to get opticians appointment out the way then i can spend the rest of the day getting my face chewed off.

Comment

Well so far im generally really impressed it's weird seeing scenes you know but now been able to look everywhere. One thing im not impressed with is the knives are now breakable so you can end up without it. There better be plenty of them in the game as i like to slash away to save ammo, started on normal but i have died again & again thanks to been disoriented by the darkness and not knowing where everything is as it's been a while. However i have no shame in restarting in kiddy assisted mode till i relearn the layout then i shall return to normal as i intend to replay this many times over like i did with the originals. One thing about zombies though, my god they just keep getting up the gun it does nothing you might as well be tickling them with those bullets even headshots seem to barely keep them down long lol. Im genuinely worried about the stronger enemies now lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X