No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 2: REmake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install. Update. Told I need to go out for dinner with friends. Beyond gutted 😂

Comment

Want this game so much... Sort of have the money if I cut back... Cutting back will anger the wife...

Comment

One thing that has impressed me is the character animation and voice acting it's a world away from the originals in quality. Not to say the originals were bad but im unprepared for this quality in a biohazard game, it really makes me want to see the first done like this. The gamecube remake removed the garbage voice acting but this quality would make the first one really amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
          i like to slash away to save ammo
          This is completely the wrong way to play. Knives are sub-weapons, for emergency set-piece situations. Ammo is plentiful throughout the entire game. That’s why it takes around ten rounds to take a zombie out. The only ammo you need to save is magnum rounds for the final boss.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
            This is completely the wrong way to play. Knives are sub-weapons, for emergency set-piece situations. Ammo is plentiful throughout the entire game. That’s why it takes around ten rounds to take a zombie out. The only ammo you need to save is magnum rounds for the final boss.
            Nah, you need a rocket launcher for that git.

Comment

1st run complete. 5 hours and 2 minutes for a B rank. Two minutes out. FFS.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                Nah, you need a rocket launcher for that git.
                You have to stay alive long enough for the rocket launcher though.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I go into hoarder mode in these games lol. Just come across a licker i tried following the clues in the note but the bugger still heard me, jesus the thing of nightmares and my gun is useless lol. It's plan B of run away.

Will try not to hoard handgun ammo but im hoping i get something better soon. I really like how the map is super useful this time listing items you find in rooms on the map so if you have no room to pick it up you know where it is to come back i also like the way you find upgrades its adding some nice extra gameplay in there that wasnt in the original so far im loving every moment.

Comment

Ooh that's neat, the lightbar of the dualshock lights to the colour of your health so you can see how bad you are without having to bring up the menu, a nice little touch. Love it when games use this feature, subnautica uses the feature a lot too.

Comment

Beat the game on normal in 6.5 hours, B rank. Missed a couple rooms and secrets. Found the game a little on the easy side, was only killed twice, one which was by the final boss with a one hit kill attack and another where I was suddenly ambushed by two lickers. Will try it on Hard once I've beaten Claire B.
                      Really enjoyed it though, faithful to the original but lots of variation and new stuff to keep it interesting and feel fresh.
                      Healing items did seem to become much rather in the last third of the game btw so stock up!

Comment

First Play thread!!!!!

Comment

Played for nearly two hours tonight and I'm loving every second. It's just the right blend of nostalgia and polish.

Comment

I just did the first run with Claire. 5:10. B rank again. Meh etc. Tomorrow I shall be going for S ranks as I’ve got the order of play down now. I was backtracking too much for no real reason. You don’t even need to collect certain items at the start. It’s better to go back later and get two at the same time once you unlock the entire map. I reckon I can get both stories done in about 3:30, which will grant S ranks all around. Perhaps even faster depending on what weapons you are given.

Once those are done, I’ll be hitting up the “2nd Run” mode for S ranks and then into “Fourth Survivor”. Tofu being the biggest challenge that the game offers. I’m at 40% trophies already. Once I’ve got everything done at S ranks, it shouldn’t be too hard to get the platinum; especially under Assist Mode.

Quality title indeed. There isn’t actually a huge amount of content, but it plays so well that that doesn’t matter. It’s very old-skool, but that’s what I was after I guess. I’ve got the censored CERO-D version, but there are only a few instances where it seems to be cut.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I had a quick late night sesh last night and went from feeling well stocked and in control to ... well, the opposite of that. Which is how Capcom wants me to feel ... or so I keep telling myself.

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                              Quality title indeed. There isn’t actually a huge amount of content, but it plays so well that that doesn’t matter.
                              Yeah, I love the quality over quantity policy. Not every game needs a big sprawling world. The attention to detail in Resi 2 is amazing.

Comment

This game is something else and also the Dolby Atmos sound is off the chart brilliant, the sounds effects just bounce around the room

Comment

Working...
                                X