Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moto Racer 4 (coming 2016 to Xbox One and others I assume)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moto Racer 4 (coming 2016 to Xbox One and others I assume)

I can't be the only one to remember the Moto Racer arcade style motorbike racing games from back in the day.

Funnily enough I bought the first three games on Steam sale for a quid last week. Remember the first one being pretty good - at the time.

Anyway, a fourth game is due next year, guess it will be one the One/PS4/Steam.

All the latest Xbox news and headlines from Pure Xbox, subscribe to our RSS feed or on social media

The highly popular Moto Racer series is making a comeback via French developer Microids, it has been confirmed today.

First released back in 1997 for PC and the original PlayStation, the series has seen two main sequels, as well as Moto Racer: World Tour, Moto Racer Advance and Moto Racer DS. The last - Moto Racer DS - was released back in 2008 and nothing has been heard of the series since, but Moto Racer 4 will indeed be coming to Xbox One in 2016.

Currently in development with Artefacts Studio, the game will use Unreal Engine 4 and will apparently offer a "unique graphical style" that remains true to the spirit of the series.

No assets have been released as yet, but the game will apparently be on display at Gamescom in a week or so.

Moto Racer 4 will launch on Xbox One in 2016.
    Video of Moto Racer 1 from 1997 for the nostalgia

The first game was pretty good! The second was not. No idea there was a third.

Comment

Awesome news, I loved the first one. Not that I can play this since I don't have an Xbox One but I'm glad it's coming back.

Comment

It must be coming to other formats. Purexbox.com never mention other formats on news stories though, pretty stupid of them really.

Comment

Working...
        X