No announcement yet.

Celebrities 'acting' in videogames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My old dutch completed and rinsed PS2 Onimusha 3 by dint of the fact Jean Reno was in it. I bought it for an Xmas present years ago just because I knew she mad for him. Even now she reminisces over his leather coat, "swishing about from side to side". She's 68 today, as it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
      Michael Ironside was great as Sam Fisher in the Splinter Cell, the last game Blacklist loss that special something without him.
      I believe he actually left that - like he retired, as opposed to being ousted.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        Little known fact: the character model in Rez was played by Ted Danson.
        I wish you could've seen my face reading that. I stared off into the distance picturing Ted Danson in a mo-cap outfit and the Cheers theme kicke in before I snapped out of it.

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        What's the one with Bruce Willis in France? Onimusha 3 or something?

As for the topic at hand, we often complain that in-game acting is bad(although that's usually the fault of the script) so I think having experienced actors can help.

Yes, it can detract from the experience but it's always realistic games that have these actors so I don't find it as jarring. Also, they are at least used for their acting abilities and even if they're only hired to boost exposure, they can do the job. Also, an actor with decent mo-cap experience can do the mo-cap for a game they lend their likeness to.

I'm more concerned with how the actors are directed. Michael Bay managed to 'transform' John Voight into an actual idiot. Uwe Boll can make even Gandhi look bad. Cut-scene directors can cause just as much damage.

Comment

Providing they do a decent job, it doesn't bother me.

Comment

Including Gary Coleman in Postal 2 was a bit of a genius idea. I won't ever think of Rez in the same way again after this thread.

Comment

Working...
            X