Pikmin 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pikmin 4

Pikmin 4 is in development and "very close to completion", Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto has exclusively confirmed to Eur…

Miyamoto and subsequently Nintendo have confirmed that Pikmin 4 is being worked on and is close to completion. No gameplay details are confirmed but it being close to done would seem to suggest a WiiU release next year unless Nintendo hold off to use it as a NX launch title

Best week ever!

Comment

As I stated in the NX thread when I broke the news earlier, I'd be amazed if Pikmin 4 was a Wii U title instead of an early NX title.

[MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION] pointed out that Pikmin 3 hasn't exactly been a big seller - only 930k copies sold globally. That being the case, it would be a waste to have it on Wii U this late in the day but who knows? Maybe Nintendo might double-dip and release it on both...

Comment

Maybe it will play like TW101.

Comment

Ah yes, TW101 - another smash hit.

Comment

I'm leaning to WiiU, as the system will still need some 2016 content and the game has been made pretty quickly it likely reuses P3's assets for the quick turnaround meaning it won't need huge sales for success

Comment

I'm with SF. This will be one of the final WiiU games I think. Nothing has been announced for 2016 yet (aside from the elusive Zelda), so it makes sense.

I'd also expect them to keep NX titles under wraps until next year when they reveal the system itself.

Comment

Excellent news. I loved Pikmin 3 and it's my younger step sisters favourite game too so it will be another game we can play together.

Comment

Fantastic news.

I adore Pikmin 3, but it did feel a little conservative compared to Pikmin 2. Fingers crossed it's a Wii U release.

Comment

Working...
                  X