No announcement yet.

Show us your game related objects 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a bit surprised by how many forumites have been picking up Xbox Ones recently. Are they in addition to PS4s for most of you?

Comment

Yep, mine is. First Xbox I've ever owned.
      There were too many good deals around to resist.

Comment

Not my first Xbox, but have picked up the One in addition to already having a PS4.

Comment

I don't own a PS4, just the Xbox One.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
            @Yakumo: Galaxy is a vendor. Nvidia licenses out designs to vendors who then can make modifications and improvements and sell on to the consumer. Galaxy is a decent one if I recall.

OEM Nvidia manufactured cards actually tend to be the worst of the bunch with loud, ineffective coolers and lower quality components. Although, this is much less true than it used to be, they've stepped up their game a bit.
            Nvidia OEM coolers are the best for the top cards. You pay more for the OEM nvidia cooler on the 970gtx for example...it exhausts hot air instead of blowing it outward into the case for one, and has the fancy light up nvidia badge along the spine of the card.

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
              Nvidia OEM coolers are the best for the top cards. You pay more for the OEM nvidia cooler on the 970gtx for example...it exhausts hot air instead of blowing it outward into the case for one, and has the fancy light up nvidia badge along the spine of the card.
              So blower cards are worth a crap now? They always used to be terrible. I guess that newer reference design that debuted (I think) with the Titan seems effective but other coolers have better thermal handling don't they?

Comment

I've already added you mate

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
                  I'm a bit surprised by how many forumites have been picking up Xbox Ones recently. Are they in addition to PS4s for most of you?
                  I own both . Far More XBox thanks to better pad, much better front end and most of my On-Line mates are carried over from the old X-Box days . Think both systems are great myself though

Comment

Is the gamer tag/PS id updated?
                    will add all of you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                      I own both . Far More XBox thanks to better pad, much better front end and most of my On-Line mates are carried over from the old X-Box days . Think both systems are great myself though
                      I don't have one myself but I'm glad to see people here getting good deals for it and just focusing on the games they want to play, instead of platform politics. It's refreshing.

Comment

Xbox One has much much better exclusives though.

Comment

So blower cards are worth a crap now? They always used to be terrible. I guess that newer reference design that debuted (I think) with the Titan seems effective but other coolers have better thermal handling don't they?
                          Its questionable, most of the so called upgraded coolers improve thermals minimally at best(a few degrees), but also throw more heat into cases, rather than exhausting it properly...not to mention not looking as good.

Also they are apparently good for noise levels, and as an extra result of exhausting heat are THE way to go for SLI etc. They also have the black back plates installed by default.

I'd take 3c extra on my graphics card for the tank like cooler, and less general heat inside my case as a direct consequence....but you said it yourself this is a cooler designed for the titan, so its generally a beast.

The OEM 970gtx was an extra ?50 when i bought my 970.
                          Last edited by PaTaito; 02-12-2015, 00:31.

Comment

The only one I've seen that looks interesting is Cuphead, sadly. I'm really, really not a fan of Gears, Halo, Forza, etc.

Comment

Apart from Bloodborne is better than every game on Xbox One put together.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                                Apart from Bloodborne is better than every game on Xbox One put together.
                                I really don't think Bloodborne is better than Dark Souls II myself - Its just too hard for me to be enjoyable and I don't like getting killed every 5 mins when you're trying to take in and explore the stunning world and and amazing art direction.

Don't think either system really as a true system seller just yet (though the new Tomb Raider is close) . All I know is if you buy either system you'll be more than happy

Comment

Working...
                                X