Show us your game related objects 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kaching chamone mother****ers.
    Last edited by dataDave; 17-05-2018, 01:00.

Comment

Is that about £570 for the graphics card alone?!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        Blimey, now even you're beginning to sound like my wife! Yeah, £570, and that's after the 20% tax deduction. I told her I'd be flogging it on eBay when infact I might end up getting another one and installing both SLI.

Comment

Well, don't even think about playing about with it before you've tidied up, put the bins out and cleared up after dinner.
          I know what you're like once you start something, you can't stop until it's done.
          Don't forget it's your turn to do the baby's bath because I'm going out tonight.

I wouldn't bother looking at adding a second card, yet.
          I mean, you're going to be browsing for a replacement gfx card within six months and buying a new one before nine.
          #masterrace

Comment

Is someone Bitcoin mining?
            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
              Is someone Bitcoin mining?
              No way. I hate that practice. This is purely going to be for CS:GO and DOTA2.

I may have a dabble with GTA V in 4K with that Redux mod. I've yet to play the game.

I may have to settle for very high or high settings to hit 4K/60fps.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                No way. I hate that practice. This is purely going to be for CS:GO and DOTA2.
                Didn't think you were, but had to make the comment after you mentioned getting a second one
                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  Yeah, it's absolutely ridiculous. Isn't worth it.

Comment

Well if you game a lot on PC it's worth it. My 980Ti and (current 1080) were both around the £500 when I purchased them.

OCUK have a lot of deals on Nvidia cards atm. I know there has been a big reduction in cards for mining, but even so I can't help but feel they are clearing the retail channel for new cards at some point over the summer.

Comment

I mean, I suppose.

I guess for me I'm always looking at price performance and with that in mind I think I'd likely go a few steps lower than a 1080 Ti, like a 1070.

That said, I only have a 1080p monitor. The combination of a fancy monitor and a 1080 Ti is a bit rich for me, but my income isn't exactly generous so maybe that's part of my opinion on the matter.

Comment

For 1080, I'd personally just go with a 1060. Maybe a 1070 at a push.

The Nvidia 980Ti was the first and only time I've ever purchased a card at the top of the spectrum. I've always had things like the Geforce 2 MX, or the 8800GTS etc. Or cards like the 780 when they were super cheap at EOL discounts. As I'm shifting to spending more time with my PS4/XBO again, I suspect I won't be spending as much on future PC upgrades.

Comment

I'm not telling people how to spend their money, I was just surprised at the price.
                          I'm out of the loop on PCs as I really enjoyed my time with it, but it was just over too quick as I had to start replacing components when games refused to run.

I'm totally happy with my set up and a PC doesn't feature.

Each to their own, but you've got to be the type who's just as happy configuring the performance of the games as actually playing them.
                          "Hmmm - blade of grass textures on. Blade of grass textures off. Blade of grass textures 62%. Blade of grass textures 63%. Hows the FPS now? Okay, let's move on to the sky filters..."

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                            Yeah, it's absolutely ridiculous. Isn't worth it.
                            Since creative suite now fully supports graphics cards I’d say it’s worth it if your a hard core designer, anything to speed up your work is going to be worth it big time.

If your gaming as well it’s a no brainier to have 1 system do all I think.

Comment

My GTX1080 cost £700 back at launch
                              It's a huge amount of money but it depends on how much you get out of PC gaming and where you're interests lie. For example, I want a gaming capable PC but I'd also (few and far between as they are) want to play Xbox games. Say you aimed lower than top end for a GPU and paid something closer to console costs at £250-£300, you still need an Xbox. Now, slap say £180 on top for an Xbox One S and you've already spent around £430. However, a top end graphics card coasts past the Xbox One X a system that would be a better comparison and costs £450 at rrp. Add the GPU to the XBX and you're at £700+. Couple to that you're getting that performance years before consoles get there and it applies for everything, no waiting for patched support etc, you quickly get to justifying the decision - let alone if you're paying £500 for a GPU. If you have a high end card you might as mentally knock off the value of owning a value of an Xbox as an automatic MS Discount as the system is redundant (plus no need to pay for Live)

In fact if XBX had launched at the same time as GTX10 series I'd have had to pay around £530 so far for the system and online play but have access to a tiny fraction of the games.

It's one of those hard to justify costs until you do it and suddenly the tables turn and consoles have to work damn hard to justify their cost for offering far less.

Comment

I got lost half way through that, to be honest, Supes.

Comment

Working...
                                X