Show us your game related objects 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ETC View Post

Its so so much better than Rock Band 4 it's actually quite depressing and I love Rock Band but 4 felt more like 2.5 from 2010 whereas this feels fresh somehow, it has optional micro transactions instead of DLC and the TV mode works kind of like Netflix (actually more like free Spotify play 3 songs or so to earn credit to play the tracks you want). Very surprised how good it is
    but how good is the song selection? That's the problem I always had with Guitar Heroes. I always preferred the music Rock Band offered since it had 80s stuff such as Duran Duran. Yeah, I like that kind of stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
      but how good is the song selection? That's the problem I always had with Guitar Heroes. I always preferred the music Rock Band offered since it had 80s stuff such as Duran Duran. Yeah, I like that kind of stuff.

the on disc is listed above, live is about 200 songs that are from all over the place

Comment

Cheers for the list. I'll check that out now.

Edit: oh well, looks like Rock Band still has the better selection of music or at least for my tastes. Rock Band 5 it is for me. I was kind of hoping Guitar Heroes would have more stuff I liked.
        Last edited by Yakumo; 22-10-2015, 22:54.

Comment

My first ever xbox purchase.

Comment

Australian Forza 6?

Comment

Yes, super special edition!

Comment

The pandora's box can go now because the Game King has arrived. I've seen these used in the arcades here in Japan. They are pretty powerful solutions for arcade cabinets. Runs 3D stuff such as Capcom's early 3D fighters, Soul Edge and a few others as well as all the classics. Unlike Pandora's Box 3, all the games work really well. Games that had big issues on the pandora's box such as the Konami games all work perfectly here.

Basically the unit is a PC with a JAMMA interface attached. Works really well and offers various video outputs. VGA 31KHz, NTSC / PAL / Sega 21KHz format. There's also stereo sound out put too!

I have mine running via VGA to a VGA to HDMI converter (Direct signal) then that goes in to the Framemeister's HDMI in so I can add scan lines and change the image to an arcade look rather than VGA look. The end result is very impressive.

You can see one of two sets of dip switches in this picture

The smaller box on top is my supergun

Xexex running perfectly!

Comment

The pandora's box can go now because the Game King has arrived. I've seen these used in the arcades here in Japan. They are pretty powerful solutions for arcade cabinets. Runs 3D stuff such as Capcom's early 3D fighters, Soul Edge and a few others as well as all the classics. Unlike Pandora's Box 3, all the games work really well. Games that had big issues on the pandora's box such as the Konami games all work perfectly here.

Basically the unit is a PC with a JAMMA interface attached. Works really well and offers various video outputs. VGA 31KHz, NTSC / PAL / Sega 21KHz format. There's also stereo sound out put too!

I have mine running via VGA to a VGA to HDMI converter (Direct signal) then that goes in to the Framemeister's HDMI in so I can add scan lines and change the image to an arcade look rather than VGA look. The end result is very impressive.

You can see one of two sets of dip switches in this picture

The smaller box on top is my supergun

Xexex running perfectly!
                  that looks nice - do you have to use the jamma output or can the vga out be used in place of it?

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                    that looks nice - do you have to use the jamma output or can the vga out be used in place of it?
                    You can just use the VGA but without the JAMMA connection you'll have no way to control the system since USB pads won't work with it. My Supergun doesn't even need it's power cord connected to the wall when using the game king. It gets all the power it needs through the JAMMA harness.

Comment

Yesterday my Japanese spec 21 pin RGB switch box arrived. It's one very cool bit of kit. These are very limited at the moment, in fact this is the first one! But the person who built it will be setting up a distribution network soon for the US, UK and Japan which I may be handling if I can work out the time and various other details.

Comment

So... does that accept JP SCART and output to VGA and SCART as well?

Comment

If that's auto switching Yakumo count me in.

Comment

was eyeing one of these for UK spec but couldnt see it actually for sale on the site, need one!

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
                              So... does that accept JP SCART and output to VGA and SCART as well?
                              This is a pure Japanese 21 pin input and output although the VGA is universal. The guy who made this originally only did standard scart RGB versions. I requested a Japanese version which he went ahead and made.

It's fully automatic and needs to have a Mega Drive PSU powering it. They're easy to come by though.

As far as I know you can't output VGA and 21 pin RGB at the same time. Not much call for that though so it's not a problem.

The asking price for these boxes is around 220 USD. Not cheap but when you're getting custom quality like this, the price is justified.
                              Last edited by Yakumo; 29-10-2015, 14:57.

Comment

Originally posted by ETC View Post

Its so so much better than Rock Band 4 it's actually quite depressing and I love Rock Band but 4 felt more like 2.5 from 2010 whereas this feels fresh somehow, it has optional micro transactions instead of DLC and the TV mode works kind of like Netflix (actually more like free Spotify play 3 songs or so to earn credit to play the tracks you want). Very surprised how good it is
                                How have you been getting on with this now you've had it for a while?
                                Any chance of a First Play thread?

Cheers for the list. I'll check that out now.

Edit: oh well, looks like Rock Band still has the better selection of music or at least for my tastes. Rock Band 5 it is for me. I was kind of hoping Guitar Heroes would have more stuff I liked.
                                I don't think Guitar Hero should be criticised for your poor taste in music, Yakumo!

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                                Australian Forza 6?
                                Even I avoided making that Dad joke!

Comment

Working...
                                X