Show us your game related objects 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new poster!

Very pleased with it. Need to get a frame sorted, but in the meantime I can just make do with being tickled over the 4/20 release date.

Comment

@Yakumo: Galaxy is a vendor. Nvidia licenses out designs to vendors who then can make modifications and improvements and sell on to the consumer. Galaxy is a decent one if I recall.

OEM Nvidia manufactured cards actually tend to be the worst of the bunch with loud, ineffective coolers and lower quality components. Although, this is much less true than it used to be, they've stepped up their game a bit.
      Last edited by speedlolita; 28-11-2015, 12:28.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
        @Yakumo: Galaxy is a vendor. Nvidia licenses out designs to vendors who then can make modifications and improvements and sell on to the consumer. Galaxy is a decent one if I recall.
        Are you sure, according to the text on the box it says Galaxy make the cards for "other leading brands" and that their name can usually be found under the other brands label. Oh well, I'm no PC guy so I take everything at face value Glad that this is one of the better versions of Nvidia cards though. Sounds ..... well, I can't even hear it when it's running.

Comment

That'll be me sorted for the rest of the weekend then.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
            Bough a Galaxy Geforce GTX750 Ti for my new emulation PC I'm building. Basically Galaxy make Nvidia's cards. So this is just an Nvidia card without the name meaning it was very cheap. I know PC gaming snobs will say it's a low powered card but I don't care, this is for emulation not playing high end PC titles.

The PC I'm using is a HP Elite i5 running at 37Ghz with 8GB ram. It only cost 10,000 yen. I love how everything in this computer clips together. No screws at all. It's so modular and works amazingly well. If only all computers were built like this.

They've gone overkill on the USB ports! 9 in total!! 4 on the front and 5 on the back. Perfect for emulation.
            REALLY nice. This is something I want to make for myself. Have wanted to build an emulation machine for a while now. Will it run PS2 games...? And how much has all this set you back?

Comment

It's just an office PC with a mid range GPU.

Comment

Originally posted by danholo View Post
                REALLY nice. This is something I want to make for myself. Have wanted to build an emulation machine for a while now. Will it run PS2 games...? And how much has all this set you back?
                Yep, it will run PS2 games just fine. The PC cost 10,000 yen while the graphics card was 12,000 yen so in pounds that would be a total of just over 119 pounds. For Japan that is very cheap. Not sure about the UK.

It's just an office PC with a mid range GPU
                Yes, it was an office PC but this isn't stock. The CPU and Memory were both upgraded and now it has the graphics card. This unit can run the Witcher III more stable than a PS4 or Xbox One. Nothing to be sniffed at. Yeah, it's not a monster gamers PC but it's not meant to be. It's a cheap solution to a powerful Emulation box. WII, Dreamcast, PS2, Model 3, Naomi all run at a solid 60fps in 1080p. That's good enough for me
                Last edited by Yakumo; 28-11-2015, 23:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post

running at 37Ghz
                  I wish my PC ran that fast.

Comment

Is that an hp 6300? Half height gfx card yeah? Glad it can take the card the psu in those is typically 230w.

Use a similar one for my plex server tho it's a 6305 with and apu

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                      I wish my PC ran that fast.
                      Oops, that should have had a decimal point between the 3 and 7. 3.7Ghz is better.

Originally posted by Baseley09
                      Is that an hp 6300? Half height gfx card yeah? Glad it can take the card the psu in those is typically 230w.

Use a similar one for my plex server tho it's a 6305 with and apu
                      It is an HP Elite 8100 SFF PC Desktop. The original spec was i5-650 3.2GHz 4GB 500GB Win 7 Pro. The Memory in mine is 8GB with a new upgraded i5 CPU and the new Graphics Card.

The Graphics card is a full size one but the back mounting plate can be taken off and replaced with a smaller one. This allows you to reconfigure the VGA out to use a different mounting space on the back of the PC case since it's connected to the graphics card via a ribbon cable. The card comes with two smaller mounting brackets for use with slimmer PCs.

The Power brick inside is 240w but the graphics card doesn't need a power connection. It works direct from the PCi slot. It's a so called ECO model as stated on the cards packing.
                      Last edited by Yakumo; 29-11-2015, 13:56.

Comment

Thats cool thanks for the info i was eyeing putting a GTX 750ti in one of these good to know the power can cope.

Comment

That's a nice idea! Shame doesn't look like I can get the galaxy cards here in the UK. Will have to see if I can find an alternative to give this ago.

Comment

Try Amazon for the cards. I bought mine from Amazon Japan. I could buy for you guys but I guess after shipping to the UK there wouldn't be much of a price drop.

I'm thinking of spray painting the PC case a nice white in the future to loose that ugly office PC look. I would recommend going down the office PC Road for anyone wanting to make a nice emulation PC. Office PCs are cheap. In Japan they are easily 50% less than a home PC with the same specs for some reason. CPU and Memory upgrades are relatively cheap too. Let's just say that if I bought a crappy gamers PC to play The Witcher III at the same quality of a Xbox One I'd be paying at least 60,000 yen. This set up cost me less than half that even with all the shipping included. Best of all the Base PC was immaculate. Not dust or crap inside it at all. Even the fan was pretty clean.

Comment

Some XBox One pick ups

Comment

What's your GT btw TA?

Comment

Working...
                                X