No announcement yet.

Gaming made me ill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad to say I don't get migrains or anything like that from gaming. Worse thing for me is going to sleep at night after playing 1 particular game, or one particular thing on a computer. Last night whenever I closed my eyes I could see myself lining up grid lines making maps for counter-strike, which was a right jar. Tonight though I'll be seeing Zelda stuff probably

Worst injury: multiple blisters
    Game: International Track and Field
    Statement: "I aint ****ing playing track and field John, it ****s me hands up!"

Comment

I've been getting quite severe headaches after playing Metroid Prime, although I'm not sure if it's the fact that the Wavebird allows me to play lying down, and the wierd perspective is giving me motion sickness.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101
        My wrists sound like cement mixers from all that button bashing and joypad holding

You can actually hear them griding if I rotate my hands around at the wrist

I have the feeling I'm really going to suffer in later life

I am Mr Clicky!

I have that too, not just in my wrists but in my ankles too. My knees both double click when I Climb the stairs, whenever I stretch my back it snaps in excess of 10 times, when I keep my elbows locked for a while they snap as soon as I move them. My shoulders snap too!

Pain, lots of pain when I am old

Comment

Neck, wrist, fingers, knees, back, elbows!!11! Ankles EVERYTHING clicks.

nly when i stretch or do it on purpose, my neck is really loud when it clicks.

Comment

Street Fighter II Turbo : Christ did that game and the SNES pad give me blisters on my D-Pad thumb. I remember I ended up wrapping my thumb in cellotape to protect it, and give me better motion for the old dragon punches

Only other problem I suffer from is getting sore blood shot eyes from extended play. Only seems to happen when using the Gamecube however I think it must be something to do with the blurry S-Vid picture I get out of that console rather than lovely clear RGB I get out of the others.

Comment

Originally posted by bungle

I am Mr Clicky!

I have that too, not just in my wrists but in my ankles too. My knees both double click when I Climb the stairs, whenever I stretch my back it snaps in excess of 10 times, when I keep my elbows locked for a while they snap as soon as I move them. My shoulders snap too!

Pain, lots of pain when I am old

I, quite literally, feel your pain.

My knees do the same, but you're way ahead of me on the back and shoulders thing

Mind you, when I stretch, I can actually click my breast bones

And when I wake up in the morning, I can crack my jaw so loud that other people can hear it, and it echo's in my head !

Just a shame I can't crack my neck like Bruce Lee used to do as that would be 8)

If you ever come across a good osteopath in later life, please let me know

Comment

I started to feel sick when being blasted out of the whale's mouth in super monkey ball 2. The screen starts shaking really heavily and it's pretty annoying as it goes on for a good while.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShend
                  GBA - trying to play that thing for any considerable amount of time, really causes me neck ache. Craning over the screen, huddled up trying to see wtf's going on. I had this simptom all the way through Metroid Fusion & LttP on the train.

Rez - the last bosses, thumb really starts to go nump with muscle fatigue after a while, you've gotta get all those missiles man for 100%!

Migraines, oh sweet jesus MIGRAINES. After a particular long session on Halo or an hour on Rez, i start to get the familiar feeling of slight pain behind one eye, which unless treated, progresses like this:

Pain in one eye
                  Pain grows behind eye and travels to head also
                  Pain is sharp & evil
                  Become nauseus
                  Feel a little sickly
                  Pain grows further
                  Light becomes painful to see in
                  Nausea turns to physical sickness
                  Hot & Cold sweats
                  Pain is head splittingly awful
                  *At this point i've usually taken something, curtains drawn and in bed trying to sleep it off.
                  Whilst lying there, sickness grows.
                  Bowels aren't happy with contents
                  Pain is excruitiating
                  *Runs to toilet, throws up and well and truly cleaned out like a Vindaloo the night before.
                  Return to bed, emptied, pain in head subsided slighty for throwing up, but returns shortly after with a vengeance
                  If not made to return to WC usually pass out thru exhaustion or pain
                  Wake up, feeling alot better, only memory of ordeal is telling remanant feeling in one's head.

This doesn't happen half as much as it used to, down to less time to play games, but when it does, ****in hell, it's terrible.

Fast paced FPS like quake 3 on the PC are the worst offenders for causing migraines, which is why i well and truly welcomed the slower paced action of Halo - God send. Rez or really technicolour, laser flashing eye bleeders do also, i fear PDO may cause damage if not played sensibly >_<.

Yours?
                  Do you get thirsty alot also?

Comment

Championship Manager (every version). Headache, strained eyes, sore arse, thirst, hunger, sore back but immense satisafaction upon doing a clean sweep three seasons in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by NeilMcRae
                      Do you get thirsty alot also?
                      Not really, though i do like my fluids.

I tend not to drink when playing come to think of it. Reckon it helps?

I had another one today, 2 months since the last. HOwever this was brought on my fatigue, overheating and the stress of oxford road in manchester being reduced to 1 lane in rush hour thru an accident and taking an entire hour to pass through.

Comment

Working...
                      X