Psychonauts 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
    No physical release means no cash from me. I wonder if its on Game Pass? I still can't believe Microsoft gave me a 3 year pass for 100 yen. I'm still thinking that was an error.
    Yeah it’s on game pass, can be pre-installed now.

Comment

The original is on there as well.

Comment

It's very good - I'm not the biggest 3D platformer fan, but this reminds me a lot of Donkey Kong 64 - all the hidden secret areas to find stuff in. The little incidentals details in the background are fun and the core mechanics, if a touch more complicated than they really need to be, as pretty solid.

Well worth the Game Pass subscription.

Comment

So, I've been playing this for a few hours. Can't deside if I like it or not. The character designs are fugly as hell and not at all appealing. The 3D platforming is also very PS2 era to me. The graphics on the other hand are very nice

Hmm, the overall polish is off too. Sections of the game don't flow together well at time. Plus I sometimes find myself thinking what the hell am I meant to be doing.
          Maybe a few more hours will have me warming up to it?

Comment

Sounds a lot like the first. Charming characters, interesting story, I liked the charades for how strange it was, but the game itself wasn't that special, with stage quality and difficulty going up and down like a rollercoaster.

Comment

I like the characters and the dialogue is on point. The character models have always leaned into the weird side of things but to me it just feels a bit Tim Burton-esque like James & The Giant Peach or similar...

It's very quirky but there's a lot of charm with it.

Comment

[edit] wrong location
                Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 31-08-2021, 14:39.

Comment

Working...
                X