No announcement yet.

Humble Bundle NEOGEO 25th Anniversary Bundle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something I don't understand - most of these games aren't on Steam. What do you actually get? Just a stand-alone program from a download link? Retro.

Comment

its a .exe which loads up the emu+rom into arcade mode.

Comment

I am really confused of the legality of that kind of thing even if its SNK endorsed they are still roms that you can probably get easily enough anyway

Comment

There's already been a grand hoo-hah about all of this in various circles. Some of the actual files contained in the downloads have been proven to have been sourced from a torrent site, of all places - and whereas at first there was a question around whether the emulator had been ripped off (a la Retron 5) I think it has at least been clarified that they've paid to license that.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
            There's already been a grand hoo-hah about all of this in various circles. Some of the actual files contained in the downloads have been proven to have been sourced from a torrent site, of all places -
            On what grounds would they argue/complain though? The justification for ROM sites has always been that they serve as an archive of gaming's history. If they're serious about that (and not, MASSIVE WINK, using it as a justification for infringing on IP, no no no) then they should be no less than ecstatic that a company has tacitly endorsed the practice.

Comment

I couldn't give a damn about what the torrent site thinks of it! It's more about people paying good money that are unknowingly supporting legalised piracy.

Comment

Somebody should tell SNK Playmore then - they've accidently put a News Release out about it: http://www.snkplaymore.co.jp/us/press/pdf/151208_2.pdf

Though I think perhaps they already know http://www.dotemu.com/Letter/NeoGeo.html
                Last edited by MartyG; 13-12-2015, 08:42.

Comment

I'm not too impressed with the emulation of the Steam titles. They have slowdown in all the wrong areas which can affect the sound effects.

I need to start emulating on my PC again. It's been a number of years and it'll be interesting to see where it's at. So far the Wii VC features the best emulation, I find. I've never had any problems or noticed anything out of the ordinary with anything I've played.

Comment

I'm not sure I quite get this, if I download it to my macbook pro will it come with its own custom emulator?

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                      Just log in to the Humble Bundle site, all your purchases are listed and you can find them from there - there are only Steam Keys for five, the rest are DRM free downloads.
                      All fixed now. Turns out I'd been associating my email address with my purchases but hadn't made an account. Just made one and added 13 of so Humble purchases to it. Got my keys finally, and apparently have access to like 20-30 titles which have been added to previous bundles.

Comment

Anyone having the game controller not being recognized ?

Comment

This all sounds bobbins. I'm sticking to MAME.

Comment

Working...
                          X