Konami stop Hideo Kojima attending The Game Awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Konami stop Hideo Kojima attending The Game Awards

cant see a thread anywhere else for this.

The move is the latest in a bizarre and generally confusing fall out between Kojima and Konami executives.

Something very strange has gone down at Konami, something that doesn't quite make sense. Their PR decisions lately have been irrational (and I mean that as someone who isn't emotionally invested in their pull-out from conventional videogames).

Comment

He's been busy facing down his Big Boss. Stealthily trying to extract himself from Konami's offices.

Them stepping back or out of game development wouldn't even have been too mind boggling were it not for just how staggeringly poorly handled they've been. Zero dignity. Despite the brands any studio or dev should be wary of getting involved with them under their current regime.

Comment

Yeah i really do not get it, while they are leaving the the main console business they seem to forget the reputation will follow them regardless of what business they go into next.

I really really hope when Non disclouse thing runs out Kojima has a interview on what is happening and i really hope him and loads of other people from konami form a new studio

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
          when Non disclouse thing runs out Kojima has a interview on what is happening
          I can't help but feel that this will reveal quite a few surprises.

Comment

This is PR suicide for Konami.

The only way Konami can come out of this looking ok is if kojima molested someone / cheated with the presidents wife.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
              He's been busy facing down his Big Boss. Stealthily trying to extract himself from Konami's offices.
              Ha ha ha, that made me picture Kojima sneaking out of the Konami office like this:
              [hide][/hide]

Comment

At every level Konami are completely baffling on how they have handled Kojima. Only time will tell on what really went on, whatever it was, it's sure going to be an interesting read when it comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                  Something very strange has gone down at Konami, something that doesn't quite make sense. Their PR decisions lately have been irrational (and I mean that as someone who isn't emotionally invested in their pull-out from conventional videogames).
                  Very strange. Either this or their PR strategy is very well-thought out.

...or maybe we just don't know what happened and we don't understand Japanese business culture.

Comment

Originally posted by danholo View Post
                    ...or maybe we just don't know what happened and we don't understand Japanese business culture.
                    This is kind-of what I mean.

Someone said above that Konami have reacted as if Kojima slept with their daughter, and whilst I'm not suggesting that's in any way true, clearly there has been a major breach of ettiquette that has led to some kind of personal offence.

Part of me wonders if this is just Kojima's trademark open-ness and creative drive vs Japanese corporate culture. Maybe to Konami's board he's seen in a very bad light.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                      This is PR suicide for Konami.

The only way Konami can come out of this looking ok is if kojima molested someone / cheated with the presidents wife.
                      Cheated with the presidents wife would get a big thumbs up. Actually, in Japan it's not uncommon for guys to sleep with other women. This is down the the wife cutting off all set after the kid is born.

I've lost all respect for Konami. They've been falling down the drain since the very early 2000s. It all started when they decided **** like Yugio was the future of gaming and running gyms was what all gamers needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                        Cheated with the presidents wife would get a big thumbs up. Actually, in Japan it's not uncommon for guys to sleep with other women. This is down the the wife cutting off all set after the kid is born.

I've lost all respect for Konami. They've been falling down the drain since the very early 2000s. It all started when they decided **** like Yugio was the future of gaming and running gyms was what all gamers needed.
                        Is it being reported in japan ? (just wonder how in japan they are reacting to it)

Comment

Nope, nothing from what I can see. The company I work for is full of **** like this. For excample the bastard want us to work tomorrow for free. So we can't sue them for unpaid work they ask us to write down a request for unpaid overtime work due to not finishing our job. The crap happening tomorrow has nothing to do with our job. I being the foreign reble refuse to write anything down. I'll keep track of working and add it to my case for suing the place some time in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                            Someone said above that Konami have reacted as if Kojima slept with their daughter, and whilst I'm not suggesting that's in any way true, clearly there has been a major breach of ettiquette that has led to some kind of personal offence.
                            Sometimes bosses just act like dicks - I've seen this for myself.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                              Sometimes bosses just act like dicks - I've seen this for myself.
                              Not usually at corporate level though, when it comes to clashes of character like this.

Comment

Working...
                              X