Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saurian
    And if not, maybe they should question how good they really are at the game
    You are bad guy! - you NEED to pass by these parts and have a sesh man!
    See how I act all confident when I'm miles away up North here.

In actuality I have no doubt that I would take a serious kicking at Cali against you.

Comment

With the soul charge I suppose it's like the unblockable moves in Tekken. They take so long to pull off that they are useless most of the time. But if you do get it right 8)

Mainly for showing off purposes I suppose?

EDIT: Didn't see the other posts

Comment

Seeing as I'm mainly playing Link at the moment (yeah don't snigger)... I am starting to notice the difference in getting some of his moves to stun or counter in different circumstances. And building some sick combos. Just pulling them off properly is the harder part for now

But I already have a couple that do more than 33% bar damage
        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Right... button bashers. Any tips on effectively beating them?

Why do I ask? Well a couple of my brother's mates came round tonight before they all went out and had some goes against me. They both have played quite a few fighting games before but none of the Soul series whatsoever. Button bashing from them proceeds and, sad to say, they actually beat me several time using this method. I tried parry, throws, sidestep and counters without all that much success. Got a bit frustrating to say the least! I had far more success when actually taking on my brother who's been practicing the game with me, generally going 2:1 on my favour!

Started to actually question my choice of character now... okay so Link's fairly well balanced and I'm starting to be okay with him. Just need to calm down and effectively put any combos together if I see them.

But a question... suggestions for switching to a "regular" character instead? To give you an idea, here's who I play in other fighters I've gone with over the years...

Streetfighter: Ken, Sagat, Cammy
          Tekken: Yoshimitsu
          Virtua Fighter: Kage, Jeffry
          Mortal Kombat: Sub Zero, Scorpion
          Killer Instinct: Jago, Fulgore
          Soul Calibur: Mitsurugi

As I said in an earlier post, my brother is trying out Maxi. Okay so he's a nunchukas buff himself, but it's his style, get in there quick, attack, get out. I've always been a more rangy type person instead. I'm looking at Astoroth and Kilik as potential trainups here. Still, got plenty of time heh...

@Saurian... tried some of the Lizard's moves out. I think they've tweaked a few bits here and there and maybe disabled a couple of things. And naturally I don't have your timing on him. But I've gotten the job done so far where I've had to play as him 8)

Comment

Hohoh quality, after owning the game for over 2 years, i manage to suss what cerevantes (G+K i think) move does, the one where he puts his swords together horizontally or vetically, NAUGHTY counters.

I need more practice at this game, and more fights.

I had my arse handed to me on a plate in Trafford about a 2 months ago, realised the hard way on where your game is on the scale of things.

*_0

Comment

Ugh totally knackered after playing this game in pretty much every spare second ive had! I was amazed at how much difference the hori stick made to how I was playing, I've never really gone for fighters before, but now im hooked!

I'm deciding between making talim or ivy my character to train as I love both their styles but its hard to choose. Which would you SC veterans choose if given the choice?

Comment

Hey! Wheres the VF4 Evo version of this thread eh?

Comment

Fantastic thread. I was thinking, maybe a slightly more advanced version would be perfect for the main site? I am sure that viewers of the site would really appreciate an article such as this... just a thought.

At the moment I seem to be playing as Nightnare mostly. I am not trying to become a master at SC2 but love to learn all the individual moves. I don?t like just focusing on one character though, I usually play the Team Battles mostly with my brother so I am not too too fussed about perfecting one character?

Well, again, I really think a article like this would be great for the main site. Is there a possibility??
                  ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

yay..somebody else likes nightmare, reading this thread i thought there was only me he's definately my favourite
                    quite like cervanties too, but not very good with him at all.

Comment

bungle bangs his head against the wall.

I need this game so badly but I need to chip my xbox, buy live and buy Capcom vs SNK 2. NOt to mention Wario Ware, a deal over Samba I have going and finishing off my old collection. I need money!!! It sucks being a student.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
                        Right... button bashers. Any tips on effectively beating them?
                        To be honest, I think it will take a good couple of months of practice for you to ALWAYS beat button bashers.

I remember back in uni, I would still get beaten sometimes by button bashing mates up until about 2 months after having the game.

For ages now, anyone who isn`t at least good at the game hasn`t got a chance of even getting a single round off me.

The thing with button bashers is that they can`t and don`t know how to defend, so its a case of understanding your chosen characters effective up and down hits and comboing powerfully and effectively so that they stay on the floor most of the time. Even if button bashers do attempt to block its almost always whilst there standing up, so lots of lower hits will finish them off.

You need to have your characters wicked up and down hits infused into my hands so that you`re pulling them off without even having to remember how to perform each move. You also need to have reached a stage where you understand at least a couple of decent set-ups and also not become too reliant on one or two moves. Once you`ve got this down, surely no button bashers can touch you.

Comment

Agree with you there Tokuda. But I must say that my ablity in SC2 has risen dramtically once I started playing on Very Hard mode. I can now parry very well, dodge attacks and feint too 8) Button bashers have no chance When you next coming down to the UK mate, I need to challenge you

Comment

What are the odds on an Xbox Live version replete with downloadable arena's, modes, outfits, moves and characters!!1

I can dream can't I

Comment

Actually when it came to these 2 bashers, they were actually going high/low with their attacks too... and seemingly beating me to the move sometimes to get theirs in. Dunno whether that was luck or just they knew to mix things up in amidst the chaos... who can tell.

At least last night someone who is competant at SC (ie. knows what he is doing) came round and I whipped his ass at SC2 (as he's just bought the PS2 version)

Comment

You have to switch your way of thinking when you challenge against people that just bash random buttons. You have to remember that they dont have a clue what they are doing (I notice people forget this and still use tactics as if they are playing someone skilled)

Dont bother trying to set anything up - just use basic attack strings and dont interrupt any of them. They wont block or dodge any of it, so all you have to do is make sure you use nothing but high priority moves that knock the opponent down - chase them when knocked away and keep the pressure on.

Best tip is to make sure you dont go for parries or any kind of setups which rely on anticipation - how can you anticipate someone who doesnt know himself what he's going to do next?

Comment

Working...
                                X