Soul Calibur 2- general advice on truly getting better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by a_c_saunders
    Still cracking on with Ivy, and just got her nice red langerie suit hehe One thing though, this is probably really obvious but being a beat em up virgin, how do you block throws? I think I've done it by accident a few times but I can't do it when I mean to!
    Depends on the command.

For standard front throws, if a throw uses the A+G command you have to press A to cancel it, whereas if the throw is a B+G command then you press B to cancel it.

For side (right and left) throws even though the actual move executed is the same, no matter which command your opponent uses, to cancel the throw you still need to press A or B in conjunction with the command they used. So if your opponent throws you from the left with a B+G command, you press B to cancel it.

Generally, rear throws can't be cancelled. I think Voldo and Astorath have the ability but not sure if this is all rear throws or just some. I don't use these characters much so have never really looked into it. I'll check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Tokuda
      Theres no way of knowing what kind of throw your opponent is going to try on you, so the best thing to do is very quickly tap both horizontal and vertical in succession (you must be quick on this). If you pull it off properly, you`ll block throws everytime.
      Interestingly, in the original arcade Soul Calibur, the grunt that a character made when executing each throw was different depending on if it was a A+G or B+G command.

In theory, players would (with enough dedication) distinguish between the 2 and be able to select the right button to cancel the throw. This was removed in the heavily modified DC conversion and has not made it into SC2 either. In practice I think it was inpractical for players to think like that.

Comment

What you just said about the grunts is very very interesting, and would have made the whole defensive side of the game feel very different.

What I just suggested is sound advice though as although I`m not particularly great at doing this, I can get myself out of a fair few throws but quickly tapping the horizontal and vertical attacks.

On SC (DC) one of my friends was sick at this, and would get out of 95% of throws anyone tried on him. He wasn`t particularly sick at the rest of the game though

Comment

Practice against players who are around your level of skill. It's probably the best way to get better while still having fun!

Comment

hmmmmmm cheers guys I'll have to try it out today. Just finished weapon master the second time round but I've still got loads of extras to buy!

Comment

Time to make as fool out of myself, im a SC veteran , im a master of Killik, and im pretty good with Mitsurugi.

Of coarse all of this is from SC1.

In weapon master i cant seem to damage the first guy (Edgar - mitsurugi), some help please?

Thanks

Matt

Comment

steals from gamefaqs

1) Attack with A
                2) Attack with B
                3) Attack with K
                4) Guard an Attack
                5) Circle around enemy using 8-way movement
                6) Throw (A+G or B+G)
                7) Weapon Attack (you'll be Guard Impacted)
                8) Guard Impact (Forward + G to block high, Back + G to block low)
                9) Soul Charge (A+B+K)

Comment

Originally posted by BedroomBusinessman
                  Time to make as fool out of myself, im a SC veteran , im a master of Killik, and im pretty good with Mitsurugi.

Of coarse all of this is from SC1.

In weapon master i cant seem to damage the first guy (Edgar - mitsurugi), some help please?

Thanks

Matt
                  If you're a veteran of SC1 then the first mission should be somewhat familiar as it's very similar to the first missions against Edge Master of Mission Battle in SC1.

It's basically training. Look at the first description of what up are supposed to do. In amongst the Japanese writing you will spot 'A'. That means you you have to hit him with a A (Horizontal) Attack. It then moves onto a B attack and so on.

I think the pattern is as follows:

A Attack
                  B Attack
                  K Attack
                  Circle Opponent with 8-Way Run
                  Throw Opponent
                  Attempt to hit opponent and they Guard Impact it.
                  Guard Impact an opponent's attack

There may be a couple of others.

Anyone?

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X