No announcement yet.

Bordersdown Game of the Year 2015 - The Winner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really interesting read. Thanks for taking the time to compile and write up.

Comment

Bloodborne?! Seriously WTF? Dark Souls for people who can't play Dark Souls. How did MGSV not win by a landslide? LOL
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

There really wasn't that much chat about MGS 5 on here. It's probably my GOTY (toss up between it and Witcher 3) - but while the gameplay is utterly sublime, the game is clearly very unfinished and suffers from the classic open-world syndrome of repetitive mission design. I still haven't gotten round to Bloodborne so can't comment on that.

Comment

It's because people here tend to play a game for a week before moving onto the next big thing. Should people have spent any amount of time with it, things may be different.

MGSV as it currently stands is nothing short of fantastic. There has been a wealth of free content and there is always an event taking place. It is constantly updated. No other game in existence is as well maintained as this game is. It is utterly brilliant to play, and it blows Bloodborne out of the water.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Don't think many people were impressed about the garbage FOB system and the even more garbage online insurance Konami were selling to protect it against getting raided. A new low in the ever rushing to the bottom of the barrel of scummy things they can try and do to the player. It's pretty much mobile gaming level of scummyness.

Comment

In the scheme of the game those were pretty minor though. For me it's a wonderful game, I just wish Kojima had been able to finish it. Truly crushing that mission 51 wasn't created - there are major story strands that are never wrapped up and serious problems with repetition. The gameplay is as good as any game I've ever played though, I've sunk over 120 hours in despite the issues.

Comment

I don't like MGS V or Bloodborne having said my game of the year is probably Yakuza 5 and that's from 2012

Comment

The FOB system is incredible though. If you take the time to learn how to play it of course. The insurance is ONLY there for people who aren't very good at it. If your FOB is set up correctly, it is VERY hard to have it infiltrated. Even more so if you reach Hero status and have a nuclear deterrent.

I honestly think people don't like FOB because they haven't put in the time and practice to get good at it. Once you can take down a level 4 base under pure stealth, it is amazing. If the owner catches you in the middle of it, then all hell breaks loose and it becomes probably the most fun online experience I've played in years. The game is totally different to everything else out there, but wasted on 90% of those who play it simply because they won't put in the time it requires.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

That sounds like the same argument for all the best games, really.

Comment

Mine is Horizon Chase.

Comment

Imagine that Bayonetta got 10s all over from mostly reviewers who only played for a few hours on Normal.

It's like a YouTube channel that reviews guitars getting in a PRS Private Stock, pinging out a single-string rendition of 'Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star', and then giving the guitar the best acclaim.

Comment

I'm not sure with MGS5 that that's really the case though. MGS is a long running series with multiple core entries and spin-offs straddling multiple gameplay types and has commanded an immense number of play hours for a large audience for multiple decades. Through its ups and downs, as well as change ups to the formula, the audience has stuck with it and even the most controversial entries have strong defenders. MGS5 does have an audience that loves it to its core but that it was the one real entry that didn't leave enough of an impact to get widespread voting is something I'd rest entirely at the games feet.

Comment

MGSV does nothing for me. And I adore 1-3.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                              It's because people here tend to play a game for a week before moving onto the next big thing. Should people have spent any amount of time with it, things may be different.

MGSV as it currently stands is nothing short of fantastic. There has been a wealth of free content and there is always an event taking place. It is constantly updated. No other game in existence is as well maintained as this game is. It is utterly brilliant to play, and it blows Bloodborne out of the water.
                              Maybe players gave it ample time, understood the systems fully, but just didn't enjoy the game?

Different people like different things. Accept that fact because it's not going away.

Comment

Reading this it looks like J0e went full Kanye West when he saw the results.

"Yo, Bloodborne, I'm really happy for you, I'ma let you finish, but MGSV was one of the best games of all time!"

Comment

Working...
                                X