Fable legends cancelled and possible Lionhead studios closing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fable legends cancelled and possible Lionhead studios closing

Whatever about Legends, losing Lionhead is a shame. Feeling bad for everyone who worked there.

Comment

I was quite enjoying the Beta of Legends , but really couldn't see it working as F2P game myself or doing well . Shame for the staff but Lionhead haven't done nothing for like 7 years and the last 2 Fables game were rubbish . With Dene Carter long gone I don't think were ever would have got a true Fable game to match the magic of the 1st one. Hope the Carter's can pick up the game rights

Comment

Although I?ve been out of the games industry for years now, it?s really hit home and I?m actually quite devastated they?re closing.

I always wanted to work at Bullfrog when I was a kid and as I grew up and left school, the pull of making games was too strong. I eventually got my foot on the ladder because of Lionhead and on my very first day, Nathan Smethurst (The head of Tetsing and one of the nicest bosses I ever had in games) asked me do I want to work on Fable: The Lost Chapters or Black & White 2. Black & White was one of my favourite games and being asked a question like that made my ****ing knees tremble! I choose Black & White 2 and that led onto a career in the games industry for over 8 years. I worked on Fable 2, Fable 3, Milo & Kate, Fable: The Jounrey and worked briefly on Fable 4 / Fable legends along with some concept stuff.

Despite the criticism Peter Molyneux gets, I loved working for Lionhead and in all my years there and for all those games, it was the best and greatest company to work for. Testing the editor, the engine and making cheeky levels on the sly for Fable 2 will probably remain my proudest accomplishment in my professional life.

Comment

Wow, Lionhead. Surprising; they were just interviewing for new staff recently!

Also shame about Fable Legends. I was quite interested in it, from what I could head amid the crowd shouting about it not being a full Fable sequel.
          Last edited by Asura; 07-03-2016, 14:59.

Comment

Always felt once a developer gets bought by a big company that is the end, to begin with they may be given free reign but more and more the life gets sucked out of them and before you know it they are a shadow of their former selves

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post
              Although I’ve been out of the games industry for years now, it’s really hit home and I’m actually quite devastated they’re closing.

I always wanted to work at Bullfrog when I was a kid and as I grew up and left school, the pull of making games was too strong. I eventually got my foot on the ladder because of Lionhead and on my very first day, Nathan Smethurst (The head of Tetsing and one of the nicest bosses I ever had in games) asked me do I want to work on Fable: The Lost Chapters or Black & White 2. Black & White was one of my favourite games and being asked a question like that made my ****ing knees tremble! I choose Black & White 2 and that led onto a career in the games industry for over 8 years. I worked on Fable 2, Fable 3, Milo & Kate, Fable: The Jounrey and worked briefly on Fable 4 / Fable legends along with some concept stuff.

Despite the criticism Peter Molyneux gets, I loved working for Lionhead and in all my years there and for all those games, it was the best and greatest company to work for. Testing the editor, the engine and making cheeky levels on the sly for Fable 2 will probably remain my proudest accomplishment in my professional life.
              Fable 2 is probably my favourite game in the series. I had a lot of fun with that

It's a shame to see them go, hopefully everyone lands on their feet.

Comment

Sad story
                I thought Fable Legends looked good fun.

I love hearing about your developer experiences though, [MENTION=680]Wools[/MENTION].

Comment

Well this has come as a surprise, Legends has had so many Betas and whatnot I was under the impression it was all but finished.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                    Well this has come as a surprise, Legends has had so many Betas and whatnot I was under the impression it was all but finished.
                    I was on on the Beta. It looked lovely and played really really nice, like a lovely Fable version of PSO (simply but looking lovely and playing lovly) it wasn't all but finished though , work was still needed on the game .

Comment

Despite the criticism Peter Molyneux gets
                      I think he's a great developer myself. I just don't like his spin and overplaying and he should get knocked for that, but his games record is mighty . T I loved Bullfrog inthe 16 bit days and while full of bugs Black and White was amazing . I don't really see Fable as his though (maybe I'm wrong)

Comment

Quickly got bored of the beta myself, but it is a shame that Fable as a series is now in the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                          but it is a shame that Fable as a series is now in the wind.
                          Think that's been pretty much the case since Part II really. Fable really needs Dene Carter, Simon Carter back making the games

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                            I think he's a great developer myself. I just don't like his spin and overplaying and he should get knocked for that, but his games record is mighty . T I loved Bullfrog inthe 16 bit days and while full of bugs Black and White was amazing . I don't really see Fable as his though (maybe I'm wrong)
                            Some would argue that he stands on the collective shoulders of those beneath him who made those games, though.

I don't rate him after the earlier stuff.

Comment

MS once again demonstrating their fantastic handling of yet another studio .

Comment

Working...
                              X