The Bordersdown Owner's Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
    Any reason why Spectrum is on there twice??
    Should be CPC 464, cheers for the heads up!

Comment

Originally posted by Bordersdown Twitter View Post
      Should be CPC 464, cheers for the heads up!
      No problems

Comment

Got it down to just three machines now. Number 1 machine is easily the PC, bar one or two titles it effectively stands in for almost everything on that list in theory. Really close to having no reason to keep the XBO soon so might downgrade to just the two and see what happens with NX down the line.

Comment

#1? Well crap... erm... probably the SNES. But 360 and C64 are gonna be close
          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

[MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION] I think we weren't supposed to list our hardware, only vote in the poll!

#1 for me currently would be PC sadly.

Comment

My number one system would be the Megadrive.

Although I might say the Saturn tomorrow...

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                My number one system would be the Megadrive.

Although I might say the Saturn tomorrow...
                Dreamcast the day after that?

Comment

Currenty own:

Wii
                  Wii U
                  Gamecube (Panasonic Q)
                  PS2
                  PS3
                  PSP
                  DS Lite
                  New 3DS (Ambassador Edition)
                  New 3DS XL
                  Dreamcast
                  Megadrive
                  Mega CD
                  iOS (iPhone 6S & iPad Mini 2)
                  Android (Nexus 5)

Not gonna get into the number 1 system debate but I will say that, barring a PS4 (which I still haven't got around to getting), I feel like my focus is drifting more and more towards retro machines - starting to get the urge to repurchase some classic consoles.
                  Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 08-03-2016, 07:43.

Comment

Couldn't possibly say which was my number one system, all I can say is that I feel less affection towards the PS3/360 generation and later, even though I've had some great gaming from them. I think my affection lies with the older consoles as they don't change. The XBox 360 now and how it looked and operated when I got it is a shock - frigging ads running on the dashboard, ffs! Because of that I feel less sense of ownership than I do towards my Dreamcast or Gamecube. And ownership is where the affection springs from; I could happily replace my 360 with another one but I recently had to swap out my Japanese launch DC for a PAL model as the original DC isn't GDEMU compatible and I felt a tinge of regret...

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
                      The XBox 360 now and how it looked and operated when I got it is a shock - frigging ads running on the dashboard, ffs!
                      I sold mine the day one of the dash updates went live that pushed this too far. I remember the day, turning it on, realising I had to go past a dozen adverts to get to play a disc game, and in that half-hour I boxed it up and took it down to CEX. I'm not having **** like that in my house. I already paid for Xbox Live; I'm a paying customer, not a cash cow.

When that generation started, I never thought I'd prefer the PS3's Cross-Media-Bar to the 360's interface. The old "Blade" interface looked poor but it was very functional. Every update made it look better, but brought with it more headaches.

Comment

I didn't realise I had so many systems!

XBox 360 is my No.1 platform, without a doubt, but since I moved the PS3 to the lounge (to watch The Raid on a lads' film night!) I've used it a bit for video streaming and Lego games with my son.

There's a LOT to grumble about the 360. Those ads, the Kinect-bias menus, losing the blades, the golden paywall, RRoD, "pins" taking longer to load than browsing and so on, but it's been a rock-solid go-to gaming platform for me over the years. The online experience that LIVE has provided has been excellent from my first goes on multiplayer Perfect Dark Zero through to EDF 2025, it's always been streamlined and, most importantly, it works.
                        Plus, you turn the thing on and you can be playing a game with just one button push.

PSN is rubbish. I spent the only time playing co-op Saints Row with a mate going "Hello? Hello? Can you hear me?".

Having borrowed a PS4 for a week, it's not much better! Menus are still counter-intuitive.
                        I've only played EDF 4.1, so I need to taste some next-gen games before I give it back, but there's nothing here that PS360 can't provide.

Plus... dat backlog!

Comment

Some nice results so far, and thanks for all your feedback! Unfortunately it appears that I?m unable to edit the Poll? This is the first one I have created, and lessons have been learned!

Also the Poll doesn?t have enough options to break down into every platform. Hence why we?ve had to bundle some system variants together:
                          Sega 1000 would simply have to slip into Sega Master System.
                          GBC into GameBoy.
                          Neo-Geo Pocket Color into Neo-Geo Pocket.
                          TG16 is PC Engine etc.

I also meant to include PC Engine GT & PC Engine SuperGrafx too.. These will for this Poll, have to be selected as PC Engine.
                          If you are a Amstrad CPC 464 owner please use the 2nd Spectrum option.

Please feel free to notify us here if anything you feel should be included, and we'll look towards doing something with them in the future.

The Poll is just to get an overview of what the fine Ladies & Gentlemen of Bordersdown are all about, not a definitive list
                          Anyway 44+ votes and counting, and some great responses! Oh, and some people really like listing things?

Comment

Not to knock the obvious quality of XBL, but I do feel that the days of it being P4P better than PSN are long gone.

There is now literally nothing in it between them for me, imho. And PSN throw games at you with a Plus sub...

Comment

Won't tick the systems I'm getting rid of, so that leaves me at -

PS3 - Will never sell due to the Naughty Dog games I have for it
                              PS4 - Most used system I own
                              Android - JXD 7800b for emulation

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                                PS3 - Will never sell due to the Naughty Dog games I have for it
                                You could sell the PS3 and those games and get the remastered Uncharted collection and TLOU Remastered for PS4 with the proceeds Colin. It'd save you some space and you could use your PS4 even more that way.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X