Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nakamura has said that Skyward Sword is his favourite Zelda title, so it'll be nice to have access to it without needing to own a Wii.

Comment

I think I owe it to Skyward Sword to give it another try. I never really connected with it before ... not because of the controls ... I just thought it took an eternity to get going, and by the time it did the dreary visuals just didn't give me the magic Zelda vibe. But I know it's highly regarded so maybe this time I'll discover what I missed last time.

Comment

New wooden joycons!
        Wooden case, wooden buttons, wooden circuits.
        Wooden work!
        Badum tish.

I like some of their other stuff but I loved the Dreamcast 2 paint job!

Comment

Horizon Chase Turbo is out on Switch. I have heard good things about this. Anyone play it yet? Also ABZU is out. That's gorgeous. And Sword & Sworcery as well. Lots of goodies.

Comment

[MENTION=3144]Dogg Thang[/MENTION] I have Horizon Chase on iPhone. It's a fun game, I'd definitely recommend it. Plays like an old school 2D racing game but with buttery smooth 60fps graphics.

How much is it on Switch though? I think it's only a couple of quid on iPhone. There's a fair amount of content in it but it's quite samey.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
              How much is it on Switch though? I think it's only a couple of quid on iPhone. There's a fair amount of content in it but it's quite samey.
              Thanks Wakka! It's €19.99 / £17.99 so not expensive but definitely more than a couple of quid. I have to say I'm tempted! But Sword & Sworcery is less than a tenner and, even though I have already played it, I think I'd love to play through it again.

Comment

Review for you, Dawg.

So, my son loves the Sonic cartoon.
                Should Father Christmas bring him the MD collection, Sonic Mania Plus or Sonic Forces?

Comment

Thanks QC! What age is your son again? My eldest (11 now) liked Sonic Mania but not in the way I did. Oddly enough, she got totally hooked on Sonic Adventure and beat that. I haven't played it but those 3D Sonics, as bad as some can be, go down well with kids. Sonic Forces is definitely worth considering.

Comment

Cheers. He's seven.
                    I think Forces is most like the cartoon, I guess.

I want the MD collection, if I'm honest!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      So, my son loves the Sonic cartoon.
                      Which one? Just checking if I need to JUDGE him or not.

In seriousness, I assume you don't mean Boom or it'd be an obvious choice.

I wouldn't personally get Forces for a seven year-old. I'd get him either one of the MD collections or Adventure.

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      Thanks QC! What age is your son again? My eldest (11 now) liked Sonic Mania but not in the way I did. Oddly enough, she got totally hooked on Sonic Adventure and beat that. I haven't played it but those 3D Sonics, as bad as some can be, go down well with kids. Sonic Forces is definitely worth considering.
                      I keep telling you guys

Comment

Pffft, I dunno.
                        Whatever is on CITV. Sonic X?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          Thanks Wakka! It's €19.99 / £17.99 so not expensive but definitely more than a couple of quid. I have to say I'm tempted! But Sword & Sworcery is less than a tenner and, even though I have already played it, I think I'd love to play through it again.
                          I happily chuck £50 at games regularly, I like developers to get a fair wedge of cash for the work - but I must say that I do think that price is on the very high side for what it is. It’s been knocking about on iOS for three or four years now.

@Quality Chimp the only acceptable choice is a full S3&K setup, lock on cart and all.

(I have no idea what children like)

Comment

Sonic Mania Plus every day of the week. Immense for problem solving.

Comment

Sega Ages Outrun now on the Japanese store! It's arcade Outrun in widescreen, at 60fps and with online high scores. I love Outrun, so I'm happy!

Comment

Metroid Prime Trilogy coming to the Nintendo Switch?

Comment

Working...
                                X