Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A copy of every single handheld port of Football Manager yet made, and a battery powered webcam to record your reaction upon opening.

Happy New Year mate

Comment

LGR put up Celeste physical on Switch at 3, so nabbed that.

Celeste on physical cartridge for the Nintendo Switch. Region free. This release includes a beautiful foil cover with interior art and a full-color booklet. Cover Art by Amora Bettany

If anyone is interested. Told myself I’d hold out for physical after all.

Comment

Prices, again.

I was just browsing Humble Bundle, and noticed the PC Disgaea was £5, but at the last moment I thought "y'know, this would be a great game for the Switch".

£50.

Comment

M2 did such an amazing job with Phantasy Star. The auto-mapping alone is a god send as is the spell/item/weapon/armour list in the start menu. Playing via the Ages mode really does remove enough of the grind that it becomes a cool adventure across different worlds with sweet 3D dungeon crawling.

The only issues I have with it stem from the original release, the translation in particular being quite poor and the game sometimes being a little obtuse. I have no qualms about using a guide for those sections though.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            Prices, again.

I was just browsing Humble Bundle, and noticed the PC Disgaea was £5, but at the last moment I thought "y'know, this would be a great game for the Switch".

£50.
            You could get Disgaea on its ps2 launch for £35-40.

Just cracks me up with Nintendo’s head so far up their own arses they still do stuff like this.

But this is Nintendo we’re talking about, literally anything is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
              You could get Disgaea on its ps2 launch for £35-40.

Just cracks me up with Nintendo’s head so far up their own arses they still do stuff like this.

But this is Nintendo we’re talking about, literally anything is possible.
              Well they're selling Hyrule Warriors, a game that they've triple-dipped on, for more than it was in its very original release.

I'm aware that it includes all the DLC, but as someone who doesn't have the game, I would honestly prefer it was £20 and didn't include it.

Comment

Well they're not just going to give it away. ;D

Comment

OMG Asura just bite the bullet and buy Hyrule Warriors already! You can always trade it back in and get most of the cash back. You’ve been banging on about it for ages.

I agree on Switch gaming prices generally though. They’re really high and it’s often difficult to justify purchases on the machine due to it. It also means I’ve not bothered rebuying anything I’ve already got on WiiU.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                    OMG Asura just bite the bullet and buy Hyrule Warriors already! You can always trade it back in and get most of the cash back. You’ve been banging on about it for ages.
                    NO!

Comment

Is there a way to search for just retro games/systems? I feel like an idiot here because I can't seem to find it.

-edit-
                      I'm searching by company name now which works but it's not ideal.
                      Last edited by Cepp; 06-01-2019, 16:59.

Comment

Ok so today we got a date and trailer (not really, just the opening cinematic) for Yoshi's Crafted World. That's great but because of this it's sounding a lot like there now won't be a Direct in January like most people were expecting, which is weird because there's really nothing in the near future.

Comment

I'm not expecting Nintendo to have much of anything all the way until E3. Announcements wise Switch has largely been running on momentum for a year already, hopefully they step it up this summer and announce a good run of stuff as the early days excusing is over now and if they don't sort out that pipeline they'll suffer when the next-gen hype starts.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                            they'll suffer when the next-gen hype starts.
                            Hang on while I grab that gif of Woody crying into his money. Seems like the Switch is doing just fine. What's somewhat worrisome for me as a gamer though, and someone who only has the Switch from the current gen consoles, is that they also seem to be making good money on the mobile titles and I have a suspicion that many of those require less investment. It would be really sad if they pushed that direction instead but I could see them making much more money shoving out a mobile title riddled with microtransactions than what they'll get if Metroid Prime 4 ever appears, for example.

Comment

I still can't help but feel caution when it comes to Switch on some level when it comes to its performance. It can be looked at as a successful system, on its own merits it is, but on the other hand it's also the consolidation of two markets. Nintendo effectively needs Switch and any subsequent system to do Wonga-money otherwise they are looking at an exit from the market in time, quite possibly taking the mobile route you talk about. I think that's why they're beginning to open up their licensing options after all this time, finding ways of leveraging the ips away from games as it also helps protect them should Nintendo need to change markets like it has in the past.

Nintendo just has a very bad track record for getting lazy when they land a hit system and I don't think it's ever been more risky for them to do that again. Content is key and the system hasn't been too bad till now but this year will be decisive in terms of whether they maintain their momentum. We know there's a true Pokémon RPG out this Xmas which should be a strong key title but its currently pretty barren otherwise (I forgive everything if Luigi's Mansion 3 hits this year!)

Comment

There is a very little danger of Nintendo exiting the hardware market, they are a pretty conservative company and during the good times have amassed a pretty sizeable warchest which makes them one of the most cash rich companies in Japan. Even their leadership in the past has shown (Iwata) that they would rather take a pay cut then make people redundant.

It only makes business sense to diversify, look at Sony one time it was unthinkable that that would not be the king of electronics now there is a whole generation of people in the workforce that have no idea that a Sony TV, camera or disc player where the height of electronic envy. A lot of that opening up their IP was well past due and hopefully they are learning from western companies, about making your IP more visible in other media to raise their profiles.

It is very odd that they announced a bunch of news yesterday outside of an expected Direct and releasing Mario tomorrow also seems odd you would think they would want to space that a bit better after Smash last month. And you would think they would have a direct early in Jan to make one last push to get to that 20 million unit figure for FY 19. although as you state it is looking like it might be a quite first half of the year.

Comment

Working...
                                X