This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
    Besides, their online service is so rubbish that even I'm cancelling after the first year is up.
    I'm surprised to hear you say that [MENTION=1482]dataDave[/MENTION] ... I thought you were a big fan of playing MK8, Arms, Splatoon 2 etc online (iirc). Even without the NES games it's worth £20 a year for those fun-filled hours, surely

Comment

Besides, their online service is so rubbish that even I'm cancelling after the first year is up.
      WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE REAL DAVE!!!???

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        I'm surprised to hear you say that [MENTION=1482]dataDave[/MENTION] ... I thought you were a big fan of playing MK8, Arms, Splatoon 2 etc online (iirc). Even without the NES games it's worth £20 a year for those fun-filled hours, surely
        It's been a while since I've managed to get a ranked match on Arms. MK8 and Splatoon are fun enough with randoms, but I'm playing other games now with my limited time.

The breaker was Smash. It's next to impossible to get games with your friends unless you actually call them using a phone or try contacting them using Skype/FB/WA or whatever. There's no other way to invite them to your lobby, not even with their app. Even when you do get a game going the connection is absolutely atrocious. I've only encountered stress when trying to play it online, which is a shame because it's the best ever game for multiplayer outside of classic console FPS efforts such as Perfect Dark and Halo 2. No other modern game is as much fun as local 8-player.

Comment

Gee, who could've possibly imagined that needing a phone app to utilize console online gaming lobby functionality would be utterly crap??

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            You’d probably have to know Kanji to play it though, right? Give me about 18 years or so.
            There is a guide you can opt to have on the right of the screen that has the radical combinations possible. You can't get full points using it thought, so I turn it off for the 2nd or 3rd run.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
              Gee, who could've possibly imagined that needing a phone app to utilize console online gaming lobby functionality would be utterly crap??
              If it did utilise lobby functionality it'd be great. There would be no problems. But it doesn't, it doesn't really do much of anything.

As for Smash itself the WiiU version let you invite friends, this one doesn't. It also took away several other online options.

Comment

Latest NSO NES has been data mined and lots of SNES games found in there.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Comment

I have some old rope if anyone wants to pay me £20 a year to use it? You can't own it though and it's a bit rubbish

Comment

People love old rope. Should see my Skyrim rope.

Comment

Old rope is the best kind especially retro kind.

Actually looking pretty forward to playing SNES games on the Switch.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Comment

I missed a lot of rope the first time around. To me, it's like new rope.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          I missed a lot of rope the first time around. To me, it's like new rope.
                          I also think it is really nice rope. Velvety and reliable in a lot of cases. Perfect for either bondage or yachting.

Comment

Here's a pic!

Presumably those other two emulators will end up being for N64 and GBA

Comment

Glad to see we are moving forward from NES. I’m not that bothered about SNES games but I’d be pleased to see N64 ones.

Comment

If it did utilise lobby functionality it'd be great. There would be no problems. But it doesn't, it doesn't really do much of anything.
                                Noted.

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                                Gee, who could've possibly imagined that needing a phone app for anything to do with online gaming functionality for a modern console in 2019 to utilize console online gaming lobby functionality would be utterly crap??
                                Corrected.

Comment

Working...
                                X