X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much does it work out at per month?

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
      The only good news about the Subscription is that there's no reason to pay for it. It's a kick in the nuts for anyone still going online in Mario Kart or Splatoon 2 but bar that an eaey dodge for almost anything else they'll likely release going forward too
      That's a big problem with it. My kids would definitely miss Splatoon 2 and I could end up paying it for that alone but there are so few online offerings it feels hard to justify. Although I'm really not an online gamer so perhaps they just aren't on my radar. If they get a good Phantasy Star Online then maybe that would change - is that game still a thing anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        If they get a good Phantasy Star Online then maybe that would change - is that game still a thing anywhere?
        Yeah, it's called Monster Hunter now.

Comment

If they reskin it and get in those retro scifi music tracks, I'm in.

Comment

Isn't it still a thing that Nintendo will be rotating the games it provides too and revoking access on some titles as they go?

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
              Yeah, it's called Monster Hunter now.
              Nope, it's called Phantasy Star Online Cloud now and runs via a client on your Switch. I apparently didn't have a good enough connection to play it for more than 5 minutes of character creation.

Comment

That's a big problem with it. My kids would definitely miss Splatoon 2 and I could end up paying it for that alone but there are so few online offerings it feels hard to justify. Although I'm really not an online gamer so perhaps they just aren't on my radar. If they get a good Phantasy Star Online then maybe that would change - is that game still a thing anywhere?
                Meh, if Sega released a proper PSO for the machine I'd be willing to bet they'd do what they did on Xbox and charge an extra fee on top of the subscription anyway.

Comment

I generally dislike online gaming (that goes beyond the Souls approach, anyway) but Switch has games I actually enjoy playing online, especially Splatoon 2. I'm happy to pay £18 a year just for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                    Meh, if Sega released a proper PSO for the machine I'd be willing to bet they'd do what they did on Xbox and charge an extra fee on top of the subscription anyway.
                    I haven't played it since the Gamecube so missed what happened there.

Comment

I haven't played it since the Gamecube so missed what happened there.
                      The Gamecube one was the same; just the Gamecube didn't charge for online play.

On the Xbox you had to pay for live and a subscription specifically for PSO.

Comment

Ah okay. I get you. Yeah, I could see that happening.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                          How much does it work out at per month?
                          £1.50.

Comment

Hmm, pay to play Smash online or not pay and have a sea of titles on the VC Nintendo denied us by CFW that bad boy... hard choice *ahem*

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                              £1.50.
                              lol. I don't think I can afford that.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                                Hmm, pay to play Smash online or not pay and have a sea of titles on the VC Nintendo denied us by CFW that bad boy... hard choice *ahem*
                                It's a win-win for Nintendo. People will buy their hardware to do either of those, and I'm guessing in a lot of cases some people will buy more than one unit to do both. Once the price comes down a bit it'll make a perfect emulation device.

Comment

Working...
                                X