This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wakka View Post
    Honestly? Yes. They would literally die. The cloud in this instance is the humanitarian choice.
    No doubt.

The modern Capcom are a mess. Looks like I'll be giving them significantly less of my money where the Switch is concerned.

Pure laziness.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
      [MENTION=5490]wakka[/MENTION] [MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION] Would it really kill Capcom (and other major developers pulling similar stunts) to make some modicum of effort with the Switch and actually make proper physical software for it on a consistent basis? Genuine question.
      It’s pretty simple that the effort costs money, money they don’t actually want to spend as they can’t justify it.
      They certainly want to reap the benefits of its userbase wanting games though. Streaming RE7 would be an absolute nightmare for me at home as my BB is a shocker at the best of times, having a streaming only game that ties you to online access to play on a portable console is just ridiculous.

Comment

I'm looking forward to setting my son's Switch up tonight!
        He's going to go crazy when he opens it!

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
          It’s pretty simple that the effort costs money, money they don’t actually want to spend as they can’t justify it.
          They certainly want to reap the benefits of its userbase wanting games though. Streaming RE7 would be an absolute nightmare for me at home as my BB is a shocker at the best of times, having a streaming only game that ties you to online access to play on a portable console is just ridiculous.
          How can it not be justified in the pure context of the considerable success that the Switch is enjoying at present, especially when it is currently outselling the PS4 in Japan?

Sorry, for me what isn't justifiable is refusing to put games like Resi Revelations and Mega Man Legacy onto Switch cards in their entirety when they can easily be fitted onto them and when there is clearly a demand for said physical product.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            I'm looking forward to setting my son's Switch up tonight!
            I’m going to go crazy when I opens it!
            Just corrected that for you 😜

Comment

Nvidia are trialing a cloud based gaming service that lets you run games at ultra settings on any laptop with a decent bb connection, it supposed to work quite well to so this kind of approach for resi evil 7 is interesting. Yes the switch is a handheld but its also a sofa gaming device too, the majority of Zelda was played with a pad on my couch. so why not put games that are more suited to the sofa, resident evil 7 would work fine for most in this age of virgin and BT fibre, their is also the fact that japan has a lot better BB than us too.
              Last edited by Lebowski; 22-05-2018, 11:11.

Comment

The Switch homebrew scene should get really interesting now that MVG has came stomping in as he made the OG Xbox what it was. If he manages to get smooth Dreamcast emulation popping then its Switch time for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                  How can it not be justified in the pure context of the considerable success that the Switch is enjoying at present, especially when it is currently outselling the PS4 in Japan?

Sorry, for me what isn't justifiable is refusing to put games like Resi Revelations and Mega Man Legacy onto Switch cards in their entirety when they can easily be fitted onto them and when there is clearly a demand for said physical product.
                  Because the considerable success of switch in Japan doesn’t match the lack of success for RE7 in Japan.
                  Anyway we are talking about two separate things now as well, I totally agree with the frustrations of not having megaman on a single cart and games that are putting themselves onto smaller carts and “requiring” you to download the rest of the game, it’s doing nothing to keep physical games at the frorefront of the console. Again this is a cost issue that publishers don’t want to deal with so they can keep profits high, I am personally not buying the MegaMan titles because it’s split between cart and download most people will just grab it digitally and part of me thinks that’s what publishers want you to do by doing this.

Comment

The splitting from cart to download has been a factor in me not buying certain games. While I imagine there are very few like me, it still means there are some lost sales because it's an awkward proposition - only physical cosmetically and yet not fully digital so with none of the strengths of either.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      The splitting from cart to download has been a factor in me not buying certain games. While I imagine there are very few like me, it still means there are some lost sales because it's an awkward proposition - only physical cosmetically and yet not fully digital so with none of the strengths of either.
                      Yeah, it means I'll never buy Bayonetta.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        most modern games wont work without a day one patch (ps4, xbox, pc ) so id hazard a guess that 98% of the switch users are unaware of the penny pinching going on here. Is it any different to these really as the day one patch is pretty much the gold standard these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                          most modern games wont work without a day one patch (ps4, xbox, pc )
                          Actually most games will work, just they may have bugs. Just Live/PSN etc. require the user is using the latest version to stay online; this is to prevent errors when you try to join a multiplayer game that has an incompatible version.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                            Actually most games will work, just they may have bugs. Just Live/PSN etc. require the user is using the latest version to stay online; this is to prevent errors when you try to join a multiplayer game that has an incompatible version.
                            Exactly and as most games are slanted towards online play if you want to use a games online features, you need to update them or they log you out of psn/live. My point is that for new games install and update is so prevalent that I bet most consumers don't know that their essential downloading a patch to get them the rest of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                              Because the considerable success of switch in Japan doesn’t match the lack of success for RE7 in Japan.
                              Anyway we are talking about two separate things now as well, I totally agree with the frustrations of not having megaman on a single cart and games that are putting themselves onto smaller carts and “requiring” you to download the rest of the game, it’s doing nothing to keep physical games at the frorefront of the console. Again this is a cost issue that publishers don’t want to deal with so they can keep profits high, I am personally not buying the MegaMan titles because it’s split between cart and download most people will just grab it digitally and part of me thinks that’s what publishers want you to do by doing this.
                              It's not just Resi though, is it?

Capcom have been consistent in doing this type of thing as far back as the 3DS never mind the Switch (making the majority of their 3DS output digital-only in the west, etc.). You only have to go as far as the Cap-Community boards to find people constantly complaining about this time and again.

I stand by what I've said: Resi or not, the Switch is currently successful enough that Capcom really ought to be providing physical options of Switch games that they make across the board but, for the reasons you've stated that I don't disagree with, they show no sign of doing so. Fair enough - their call, but I personally won't be supporting their Switch output until this changes.
                              Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 22-05-2018, 14:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                                and as most games are slanted towards online play
                                Massive generalisation. If you have grown up with Nintendo systems, you'll notice the difference when a game asks you to do a 30GB install before you can play. Sure, maybe it's common on PS4 (I don't know) but it is in no way a normal thing for a Nintendo system.

Comment

Working...
                                X