Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems that on top of that full price, the launch of Hyrule Warriors on Switch is marred with technical issues:

Apparently the handheld mode downsamples from 1080p, and struggles to keep 30fps, whereas the docked version at 1080p struggles to keep 60. The review says that Fire Emblem Warriors came with an option for 900p if the user wanted a solid 60fps, but that hasn't been implemented in this game.

I'll have to watch out for a patch. If there is one, and a price drop, I may still buy it, but otherwise I'll likely steer clear.

Comment

Downsamples from 1080p...? That sounds like lunacy. Is that lunacy? That means putting processing power on rendering more than can physically be seen on ithe screen, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        Downsamples from 1080p...? That sounds like lunacy. Is that lunacy? That means putting processing power on rendering more than can physically be seen on ithe screen, right?
        Sort of. It's what on PC games is called "super-sampling", where you render pixels multiple times to get a better result. It's an expensive form of anti-aliasing. You can see a difference between a 720p native and 720p downsampled picture, but it's a lot of extra processing for a very small increase in fidelity.

Comment

Megaman 11 will release on 02 October 2018 but for Switch will be denied a physical release in Europe. Capcom and Nintendo also seem to be denying an EU release for the games Amiibo also.

Comment

The last Megaman box set that came with the gold amiibo didn’t get a UK release either... Capcom no likey Europe.

Comment

FFS Capcom ����*♂️

Comment

What are the chances of a new Switch revision this year?

Comment

17% or about that.

Comment

Ah thanks.

Comment

I don't think we'll ever see one unless they can make the Joycon seamlessly cross-compatible.

Comment

Joycons are Bluetooth peripherals and a redesign can still use the same rails to attach them to the console. What Nintendo need to do is sort out their online accounts and ditch the whole system transfer thing currently on the 3DS.

Comment

They won't do that. Too easy/obvious.

Comment

Yeah, any Switch revisions will just be for cost cutting or security changes like the upcoming Mariko model where the user can't tell the difference. There's not that much they can do with it without quickly treading on PR space they'd want for the eventual Switch 2.

The only tangible difference they could make is add more HDD space of a better screen, neither worth it to them really especially when Switch is selling so strong. Despite the portable nature I still don't get the vibe Nintendo views the system in the same light that it does its handhelds and even if it did... after the Nintendo DSi and New 3DS, I wouldn't fall for that rip-off again.

Comment

Galaxy HD confirmed?

Comment

That's the Chinese Nvidia port isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                                X