This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asura View Post
    Is this good? I think I posted this in the Vita-thread pre-outage as I liked the look of it. Just keen to know if it plays as well as it looks.
    Yeah I played through on vita and really enjoyed it, meant to boot it on PS4 will probably have a look at it on PS4 when they update it.
    Has some cool characters and a little bit more story than I expected it to have. It’s less of a traditional action platformer and more combat/puzzle focused with small RPG elements and metroidvania esque locked areas.

I must admit I am yet to play Hollow Knight so can’t make the comparison just yet, to answer the other question.

Comment

Taiko no Tatsujin Switch is coming out in Europe on 02 November 2018 under the title Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum n Fun

Drum Session! is the name of the PS4 version that hits the same day. The only question is whether the song list will be altered from the enjoyable foreign version

Comment

I'd be happy if it received it's own set of songs, I'd just import the JP version as well and enjoy double the amount of tracks. I just hope they release the drums along with it.

Comment

The HORI d-pad JoyCon arrived and it's lovely to play with... except it drains the Switch battery when the console isn't being used? Now I'm sending it back to Japan.

I'm not sure why HORI's quality has been so spotty with the Switch. They couldn't even get a screen protector right.

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
            The HORI d-pad JoyCon arrived and it's lovely to play with... except it drains the Switch battery when the console isn't being used? Now I'm sending it back to Japan.

I'm not sure why HORI's quality has been so spotty with the Switch. They couldn't even get a screen protector right.
            They pump out so much stuff these days and live off the brand name. They used to make 2-3 specialized items per console, mostly controllers and sticks, but now they’re involved in everything you could imagine. With all the missing d-pad Joy-Con features (I realize they want to keep the costs and and price down) it might as well be a Chinese knock-off.

It’s hard to estimate how big the market is for the d-pad Joy-Con so hopefully it does well enough for them to warrant a more expensive version with all the features.

Comment

I'm not overly concerned with the missing wireless features (and HD rumble is more annoying than not- I have it switched off) but not even getting the basics of not draining the system while it's not in use right is somewhat appalling.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                I'd be happy if it received it's own set of songs, I'd just import the JP version as well and enjoy double the amount of tracks. I just hope they release the drums along with it.
                Yeah, do an Elite Beat Agents job.

Comment

No Drums for EU or NA

Guess I'm importing a set.

Comment

Seems a bit daft not to bring the drum out

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
                      Seems a bit daft not to bring the drum out
                      Bandai-Namco have tried to bring Taiko to western shores before and haven't been successful. Probably sensible from Hori's perspective to wait and see if this latest attempt does well enough before committing to releasing said peripherals in the west at a cost, no?

That's how I'm interpreting it anyway.

Comment

Plastic instruments have not been a rip roaring success in the last few years, so it probably makes sense not to release it.

I'm not really up for forking out £100 for this anyway. Is anyone playing on Switch at the moment - how well do the Joycon controls work?

Comment

Seems like a perfect opportunity for another Toy-Con to me.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                            Seems like a perfect opportunity for another Toy-Con to me.
                            Ha!

Surely Hori would've been better off future-proofing the Taiko Drum peripherals for Wii and/or Wii U so that they could be used for this game? As [MENTION=5490]wakka[/MENTION] rightfully points out, stumping up the cash to go all-in on this is kinda hard to justify (and I like the Taiko no Tatsujin games) so I can't imagine that the die-hards who have spent the considerable cash on past iterations will be that enamoured with having to do so again for this.

Comment

Turns out these work with the Switch, only problem being A, B and X, Y are reversed...

Comment

That looks horrid though.

Comment

Working...
                                X